Fujifilm released firmware update version 3.10 for Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera. This upgrade also brings new features guide for Fujifilm GFX 50S.
With this upgrade, the compatibility with the GF250mmF4 R LM OIS WR is added. If you use the GF250mmF4 R LM OIS WR, upgrade the firmware of your camera to ver.3.10.
The new functions of “Select Folder” and “Create Folder”, which was planned to be included in ver.3.10, will be incorporated in ver.3.20 to be released in the middle of June 2018.
Fujifilm also announced the new dates for the X-H1, X-T2 and X-Pro2 firmware updates. As you know these updates were originally scheduled for the end of May and postponed due to issues with X-T2 firmware 4.00.
- FUJIFILM X-T2 Ver.4.10: middle of June 2018 (revised firmware of ver.4.00)
- FUJIFILM X-H1 Ver.1.10: middle of June 2018
- FUJIFILM X-Pro2 Ver.5.00: end of June 2018 ]
*Regarding the upgraded “FUJIFILM Camera Remote” planned to release in May 2018, it will be release in the middle of June 2018 at the same time of the release of X-H1 ver.1.10.
Fujifilm GFX 50S Firmware Update 3.10 Details
The firmware update Ver.3.10 from Ver.3.00 incorporates the following issues:
- Compatible with the newly developed FUJINON GF250mmF4 R LM OIS WR capabilities
The upgrade will add compatibility for the newly developed FUJINON GF250mmF4 R LM OIS WR capabilities that include “Focus Preset”, “AF-L” and “AF-ON”.
- Addition of “Flicker Reduction”
For enhancing the quality of indoor sports photography, the upgrade allows users to reduce flicker in both pictures and display when shooting under fluorescent lighting and other similar light sources.
- New enlarged and customizable indicators: “Large Indicators Mode”
The upgrade allows users to enlarge indicators and information in the viewfinder and/or LCD monitor. This upgrade will also enable users to customize the location of where the information is shown on the display.
- Addition of Fn button support for “35mm Format Mode”
The upgrade allows users to set the Fn button as “35mm Format Mode” for quicker setting changes.
- New functions are added to store and read of camera settings by FUJIFILM X Acquire.
Once connecting a camera to a computer via USB cable, the “FUJIFILM X Acquire” allows users to backup/restore camera settings to/from a file. With “FUJIFILM X Acquire” (ver.1.7 or newer), CUSTOM REGISTRATION/EDIT settings are also stored and read.