DJI Ronin-S specs, price and release date officially announced. The DJI Ronin-S is the companies first single-handed stabiliser designed to work alongside DSLR’s and Mirrorless camera systems.
The DJI Ronin-S is more than just a miniaturized version of the larger Ronin gimbal stabilizers; it represents a scalable ecosystem for integrating DSLR and mirrorless cameras into professional-grade workflows.
The single-handed form factor of the Ronin-S lends itself to lighter cameras. But don’t let its size fool you; the Ronin-S has a lot going on under the hood. Separate modules are available for the handle and accessory docks, allowing you to customize the gimbal based on how you wish to operate it.
The Ronin-S is smaller, lighter and more portable than the previous Ronin’s enabling you to film with Pro level equipment in a way that hasn’t been possible before.
DJI Ronin-S Price & Release Date
The official DJI Ronin-S price tag for Europe, the UK and US is €749, £669 and $699, respectively.
Expected availability: Jul 2, 2018
DJI Ronin-S specs and features
- Three-Axis Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer
- Holds DSLR or Mirrorless Cameras
- Offset Roll Motor for Screen Visibility
- One-Handed Operation
- Interchangeable Parts Ecosystem
- Accessory Dock
- Customizable Parameter Groups
- Advanced 32-bit ARM processor
- DJI specialized gimbal drive motors with encoders
- Support for 2.4/5.8 GHz receivers
- Support for D-Bus receiver
- Support for extended GPS
- 360° continuous rotation through slip ring
- Three profile settings, including SmoothTrack and joystick parameters
- Support for virtual joystick operation
- Support for time-lapse, track, and panorama
- Sport mode support
- Roll 360° rotation support
- Quick record function