Canon EOS C700 FF Cinema Camera & CN-E 20mm T1.5 Lens Announced
The Canon EOS C700 FF Full Frame Cinema Camera and CN-E 20mm T1.5 L F cinema lens now officially announced.
The Canon EOS C700 FF is Canon’s first full-frame cinema camera. Available in both PL and EF Mount, the EOS C700 FF provides users with the same outstanding performance, operation and modular design as the EOS C700 (released in December 2016). The camera is being shown publicly for the first time at the Canon booth (C4325) at the NAB Show 2018 in Las Vegas from April 9-12. The EOS C700 FF EF and EOS C700 FF PL are scheduled to be available in July 2018.
The new CN-E20mm T1.5 L F lens can provide 4K resolution from the center of the images to the periphery, providing high image quality for Canon cameras that feature full-frame sensors such as the new EOS C700 FF digital cinema camera. The cine lens is scheduled to begin shipping in fall 2018.
Canon EOS C700 Full-Frame Cinema Camera: $33,000 at B&H, Adorama.
Canon CN-E 20mm T1.5 L F Cinema Lens : $4,220 at B&H, Adorama.
Canon EOS C700 FF Highlights
- 5.9K Full-Frame CMOS Sensor with DAF
- EF-Cinema Lock Type Mount
- Dual Pixel AF, Triple DIGIC DV 5
- XF-AVC and ProRes Recording to CFast 2.0
- Internal Full-Frame up to 60 fps
- Internal 4K/Super35 Crop up to 72 fps
- Internal 2K/Super16 Crop up to 168 fps
- Selectable Gamma and Log Curves
- ACES Support
- External Raw Recording Option
- Press Release
Canon CN-E 20mm T1.5 L F Lens Highlights
- Covers Full Frame & Super 35 Sensors
- T1.5 Maximum Aperture
- 11-Blade Iris
- Breathing Minimized Virtually to Zero
- Dual Focus Markings
- Stepless 300° Focus Rotation
- Standard Cine Gears
- Same Gear Positions as Other CN-E Models
- Dust- and Water-Resistant Housing
- Press Release