Canon has unveiled the PowerShot G1 X Mark III premium compact camera with 24MP APS-C Sensor and DSLR-like autofocus.
This is the third and latest model in the G1 X-series lineup. The compact shooter borrows the 24MP APS-C sensor, Dual Pixel AF system and DIGIC 7 processor from models like the EOS 77D and EOS M5. The PowerShot G1 X Mark III adds a fixed 24-72mm equivalent F2.8-5.6 zoom and combines them into a relatively compact body weighing just 400g/14oz.
The G1 X Mark III can shoot continuous bursts at up to 9 fps with AF/AE locked on the first shot or 7 fps with continuous AF. The buffer fills up after around 19 Raw or 24 JPEGs, depending on which mode you’re using.The specs also include 1080/60p and time-lapse video capture, Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth, and a Panoramic Shot Mode.
The PowerShot G1 X Mark III is set to ship in November at $1299. Optional accessories include a dedicated lens hood ($59), underwater housing ($499) and leather case ($99).
Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III officially announced
- 24mp APS-C CMOS sensor, Hybrid AF
- Dual Pixel AF (sensor PDAF)
- DIGIC 7 image processor
- 3x optical zoom lens, 24-72mm equivalent, f/2.8-5.6
- Optical Image Stabilisation + Gyro IS
- 2.36m dot EVF (0.39inch), with dioptre adjustment
- 9fps continuous shooting, 7fps with C-AF
- Star-shooting mode, in-camera raw processing, 14-bit raw
- Touch-AF Pad (customisable)
- ISO100 to ISO25600
- FullHD, 60fps video with stereo sound
- 5-axis IS for video recording
- 10-30cm macro focus
- Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth
Dust and water resistant, the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III is a compact and powerful imaging companion ready for a variety of challenging shooting scenarios. Designed for enthusiast and professional users, it offers a host of useful features to help inspire creativity and improve operability.
- 2.36 million dot Organic LED Electronic Viewfinder provides customization options to match nearly any shooting style or scene
- Touch & Drag AF allows for intuitive operation linking the Electronic Viewfinder and touch panel monitor to quickly adjust focus targeting without looking away from the viewfinder, or using Smooth Zone AF to effortlessly track subjects with the touch of a finger.
- 3.0 inch Vari-angle Touch LCD Monitor helps capture the perfect shot from a variety of challenging angles, including overhead or low-angle shooting.
- The G1 X Mark III is capable of fast continuous shooting up to approximately 7 frames per second (fps), or up to 9fps with AF fixed – working easily with Dual Pixel CMOS AF to track even the most fleeting of subjects with ease.
- A New Shutter Release function offers a sophisticated sense of operation, similar to high-end EOS models, providing a comfortable hold during continuous shooting