New information about Canon’s upcoming DSLR cameras and lenses continues to leak. Canon 6D Mark II, EF 85mm f/1.4L IS and Rebel SL2 coming in late 2017.
We are continuously getting leaks about the Rebel SL2 and a possible superzoom camera. We expect Canon finally unveils the true replacement for the SX60 HS camera. The main competitor would be the successor of Nikon P900. The replacement model is claimed to feature 125x zoom lens.
Anyway when we return to recent rumors, the EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM is a highly anticipated lens for most Canon photographers. This product is to be announced later sometime in Q2/early Q3 of 2017. In addition, it will NOT replace the current EF 85mm f/1.2L ($1,849).
Canon 6D Mark II and Rebel SL2 to be announced in late 2017
Trusted sources claims that Canon will put a 28-megapixel full-frame sensor into the EOS 6D Mark II. The body design will be smaller and lighter with Dual SD card slots.
Rumored Canon 6D Mark II Specs
- 24-28mp Full Frame CMOS sensor
- 45 AF Points (all cross-type)
- 6 FPS
- 4K video
- DIGIC 7
- 1.5 stops better than Canon 6D at higher ISO
- Low-light autofocus (centre point) at -5 EV
- Built-in Wi-Fi, GPS, NFC, Bluetooth
- Dual-pixel autofocus technology
- Touchscreen, articulating screen
- HDR Movie & Time Lapse Movie
- Movie electronic image stabilization
- Dual SD card slots
- 100% coverage optical viewfinder
- New connectivity feature on 6D Mark II
- Price will be a bit expensive than 6D
- Slightly smaller form factor and a reduction in weight
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Rumored Specifications:
- 19 point AF
- 4.5 fps
- 1080/30p video
- Hybrid CMOS AF III focus system
- 7560 pixel RGB + IR metering
- Fixed 3″ LCD touchscreen
- Wi-Fi + NFC
The Canon 6D Mark II and Rebel SL2 announcement event will take place in September of 2017. The release date of the EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM lens mentioned afterwards the launch.