Ricoh released a new firmware update for the Pentax K-1 full frame digital SLR camera.
Firmware update version 1.40 for Pentax K-1 enhances features like Red-Lighted LCD monitor display and Bulb timer function and improves stability for general performance.
Pentax K-1 has a a 36.4-megapixel full-frame sensor without an anti-aliasing filter. The sensor provides a maximum ISO sensitivity of 204800 and is capable of capturing 14-bit RAW files, powered by the PRIME IV image processor.
Pentax K-1 Firmware Update V1.40 Details
Red-Lighted LCD Monitor Display Function
- The PENTAX K-1 provides a red-lighted LCD monitor display function, which prevents the pupils of the photographer’s eyes from constricting after they have become accustomed to a dark environment during astrophotography.
Bulb Timer Function
- The bulb timer function comes in handy when photographing celestial bodies or fireworks. The PENTAX K-1 allows the photographer to expand the exposure time up to 20 minutes in Bulb mode.
- During slow shutter speeds the PENTAX K-1 features white dot noise reduction processsing.*
- Overall Improved stability for general performance.
* When Slow Shutter Speed NR is OFF and JPEG image.
The first 35mm format Pentax K-1 DSLR camera offers a 3.2″ 1.04M-dot LCD uses a new flexible tilting design. The DSLR also comes packed with an in-body 5-axis Shake Reduction II technology. The AF system of the camera consists of a SAFOX 12 unit with 33 focus points, 25 of which are cross-type. A continuous mode is present in the camera and it supports a mere 4.4fps shootout for a maximum of 17 RAW shots or 70 JPEGs.
|Pentax K-1 Full Frame DSLR [Body only]||$1,799.95||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|