Panasonic GH4 Firmware Update 2.1 Postponed
Panasonic postponed the release of firmware update 2.1 for the LUMIX DMC-GH4 mirrorless camera and the Interface Unit DMW-YAGH due to the need of further verification.
The Panasonic GH4 firmware update 2.1 were originally scheduled to be released in December of 2014.
The new firmware version 2.1 will enable users to embed the time code and recording control signal in the HDMI output signal. Additionally, the update will allow for full 1080 HD 30p/25pnative output over HDMI and Full HD 30PsF/25PsF output through SDI when recording video in Full HD 30p/25p.
The Interface Unit DMW-YAGH will also be updated to firmware version 1.1 to support these functional enhancements. See below for full details.
The New Firmware for GH4 To Be Released in January of 2015
- With this firmware, time code and RSS(Recording Start/Stop) signal can be embedded to the HDMI output signal*.
* Available when DMC-GH4 or DMW-YAGH are connected with the products of Atomos Global Pty. Ltd. or the products complying with the extended specifications of Atomos Global Pty. Ltd.
- FHD at 30p/25p native output via HDMI is available while recording video in FHD at 30p/25p.
- FHD at 30PsF(Over 60i) / 25PsF(Over 50i) output via SDI is available while recording video in FHD at 30p/25p.
* When DMW-YAGH is used for SDI output.
The new firmware programs are going to be released in January of 2015.
The Lumix GH-4 camera features 16MP Live MOS sensor and Venus Engine IX processor with an enhanced fast and accurate Auto Focus (AF) system (approximately 0.07 seconds).