Canon has announced the 65x superzoom PowerShot SX60 HS digital compact system camera. The new PowerShot SX60 HS camera is the latest addition to Canon’s SX high-power zoom lineup.
The Powershot SX60 HS camera features a 16.1MP CMOS sensor, a 65x Optical Zoom lens covering a whopping 21-1365mm equivalent range and Optical Image Stabilization for steady images.
The SX60 HS compact camera specs also include Wi-Fi and NFC, 1080/60p HD video, and an articulated 3″ LCD with 922k-dot resolution.
Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Digital Camera Announced with 65x zoom
Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Digital Camera Price and Availability
The Canon PowerShot SX60 HS digital camera will be available in October for $549.00.
|Buy Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Digital Camera
|Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Digital Camera
|Amazon | Adorama
Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Digital Camera Main Features
- 65x Optical Zoom (21–1365mm) Wide Angle Lens with Optical Image Stabilizer for outstanding optical performance and versatility for both close-ups and wide shots.
- 16.1 Megapixel High Sensitivity CMOS Sensor combined with the DiG!C 6 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM, which helps to provide excellent low-light performance.
- Capture stunning 1080p/60p Full HD video in MP4 format with a dedicated movie button, fast and silent zoom, and focus while shooting thanks to USM and VCM. The PowerShot SX60 HS is also the first PowerShot model with external microphone input capability.
- For easy Wi-Fi® connectivity, built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) allows quick and simple pairing to a compatible Android™ device.
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from eight different modes to optimize image stabilization for virtually shake-free images in a wide variety of conditions.
- Zoom Framing Assist makes it easy to track and capture subjects while using the extreme telephoto. With this advanced feature, your camera will automatically zoom in or out while following the movement of your subject and help ensure it remains in focus.
- High Speed AF greatly improves focus speed so you can capture every shot with ease. Paired with continuous shooting speeds of up to 6.4 fps and the removal of buffer time, you can get your best shot in full resolution.
- Bright 3.0-inch Vari-angle LCD with 922,000 dots for shooting at a variety of angles, plus an Electronic Viewfinder with 922,000 dots.
Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Digital Camera Product Images
THREE NEW HIGH-END, ADVANCED POWERSHOT MODELS FROM CANON U.S.A. EMPOWER PHOTOGRAPHERS TO CREATE AMAZING IMAGES AND VIDEO
PowerShot G7 X is the Company’s First One-Inch Sensor Compact Digital Camera, PowerShot SX60 HS Digital Camera Boasts a Super 65x Optical Zoom Lens and PowerShot N2 Digital Camera Features an Updated Body Design with a Selfie-Ready LCD Touch Panel
MELVILLE, N.Y., September 15, 2014 – Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced three new PowerShot models expanding upon its lineup of high-quality, compact digital cameras, the PowerShot G7 X, the PowerShot SX60 HS and the PowerShot N21. The PowerShot G7 X is the company’s first compact point-and-shoot camera with a one-inch sensor, giving users an outstanding portable camera that allows them to take high-quality photographs and videos. The PowerShot SX60 HS camera features a 65x Optical Zoom lens and amazingly broad focal length range equivalent to 21mm -1365mm, while the PowerShot N2 camera has a compact and unique, stylish design with a selfie-ready, flip-up touch panel LCD that makes it easy for social media fanatics to share their favorite photos and videos via the camera’s Wi-Fi® and Near Field Communications (NFCTM)2 features.
“Canon continually strives to provide imaging enthusiasts with the tools they need to create high-quality images and videos,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “We believe in the talent of those passionate about photography and these three new PowerShot cameras allow photographers to capture, print and share their most amazing images.”
The PowerShot SX60 HS Digital Camera
The new PowerShot SX60 HS digital camera is the latest addition to Canon’s SX high-power zoom lineup. With 65x optical zoom (equivalent to 21-1365mm) and Optical Image Stabilization for steady images, this camera lets users zoom in and capture special moments even at long range. This new model includes a 16.1 megapixel* CMOS image sensor that, when paired with Canon’s DIGIC 6 Image processor, creates Canon’s high-sensitivity HS System to enhance low-light image quality. Further boosting the performance of the camera’s 65x zoom lens is Canon’s innovative Intelligent IS system which provides users with outstanding eight-mode shake correction technology. For filmmaking enthusiasts, the camera’s 1080/60p Full HD video capabilities feature the choice of automatic or manual exposure control together with a built-in stereo microphone and a port for optional external stereo microphone to record life-like audio with ease.
Like the PowerShot G7 X, the PowerShot SX60 HS camera is equipped with built-in Wi-Fi technology, so users can share the amazing still images and videos taken with the camera online quickly and easily using compatible mobile devices. The camera’s Mobile Device Connect Button makes it easy for users to connect to a compatible smartphone or tablet. Images and movies uploaded to the cloud via Canon iMAGE GATEWAY can be shared easily on social media platforms. The PowerShot SX60 HS camera also includes NFC making initial setup and pairing easier with a compatible Android device.
The PowerShot SX60 HS camera features Canon’s Face Detection and Tracking AF system plus full resolution continuous shooting up to 6.4 frames per second (when not utilizing Tracking AF). The camera also features a new EOS-style grip design for comfortable and secure handling. Users can choose between a three-inch 922K dot Vari-Angle LCD screen for low-or high-angle shooting and a high-resolution 922K dot electronic viewfinder, ideal for shooting in bright outdoor conditions.
When shooting at extreme telephoto focal lengths, the Zoom Framing Assist function remembers the user’s previous zoom position, zooms out to locate the subject, and zooms right back into the saved position when the button is released. An additional feature to this Zoom Framing Assist allows users to preset a desired composition such as whole body, upper body or face. Once this feature is enabled, the PowerShot SX60 HS camera will zoom its lens automatically to maintain the desired composition even if the subject moves closer or further from the camera. Another new function called Zoom Memory makes it possible to quickly return to the most recently used zoom position, even if the battery or memory card is replaced.
To help make photographs and video that are creative yet simple to capture, the PowerShot SX60 HS camera features Creative Shot mode and Canon’s Smart AUTO mode that intelligently selects optimal camera settings from 58 different pre-defined scenes for still shots and 21 for video. The PowerShot SX60 HS camera also features full-manual exposure and focus control, with the photographer’s choice of JPEG, RAW, or JPEG+RAW capture modes. The PowerShot SX60 HS camera is fully compatible with Canon EX-series Speedlites for professional quality lighting effects.
Pricing and Availability
The PowerShot SX60 HS digital camera is scheduled to be available in October 2014 for estimated retail price of $549.99.