Metabones has announced a new Speed Booster that will allow Micro Four Thirds users to attach Canon EF lenses to their mirrorless cameras.
According to Metabones, its latest Speed Booster increases MTF, widens the lens by 0.71x, and increases the maximum aperture by one f-stop.
Lens corrections are not supported such as distortion, chromatic aberration, and peripheral shading also confirmed by the company. See the features below.
Metabones Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster Adapter Announced
Metabones Canon EF to MFT Speed Booster Adapter Features
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop.
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Build-in electronics to control lens aperture.
- The lens aperture is set by the controls on the camera body.
- Powered by camera body. no external power source required. (also accept 3rd party external power supply via MicroUSB socket)
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
More information about the Canon EF to MFT Speed Booster adapter is available on Metabones’ website.
Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".