Tamron has announced the 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 Di III (model C001), a superzoom lens for Micro Four Thirds cameras.
Tamron 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 Di III lens offers a 28-300mm equivalent range and uses a stepper motor for silent autofocus (including during video recording).
The lens doesn’t include image stabilisation. See the note from Tamron Japan below. Tamron 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 Di III lens will be available from June 26th with a price tag for $589.
Tamron explained the reason why they changed the lens spec and removed the in-lens stabilization (google translated):
* This machine, which had been announced as (Vibration Compensation) equipped with VC in the development announcement of January 2013, but as a result of repeated various studies in the development process of subsequent, has decided not equipped.
Tamron Announces The New 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 Di III MFT Lens
June 19, 2014, Commack, New York – Tamron USA, Inc. announced the price and delivery of its first All-In-One™ high power zoom lens designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras. The Tamron 14-150mm Di III (model C001) will be available in the USA starting June 26, 2014 at $589.
For the past 22 years since Tamron released to the market an extremely practical high-power zoom lens (28-200mm Model 71D) in 1992, the company has endeavored to continually develop high-power zoom lenses. By actively using its long-cultivated technology, Tamron has successfully developed an epoch-making compact and stylish, high-power all-in-one zoom lens that will further accelerate the attractiveness of the Micro Four Thirds cameras in the market.
When the development of this model was originally announced in January 2013, the lens was slated to feature built-in VC (Vibration Compensation). However, a series of deliberations and discussions over the course of the development process resulted in the removal of VC functionality.
- Employing one LD (Low Dispersion) glass element, two AD (Anomalous Dispersion) glass elements two Molded-Glass Aspherical elements and one Hybrid Aspherical element, Tamron’s new Micro Four Thirds high-power all-in-one zoom lens delivers leading-edge image quality by reducing aberrations to a bare minimum
- The ingenious optical design achieves a compact body with a filter diameter of just 52mm.
- A stepping motor that is optimized to match this model provides silent, quick and accurate auto focusing.
- The metal lens barrel exterior is available in two colors: black and silver, providing the most popular color options to match high end cameras.
- Using a circular diaphragm, this lens achieves spectacular background blur effects.
Tamron 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 Di III specifications
|Max Format size
|Micro Four Thirds
|F3.5 – F5.8
|Number of diaphragm blades
|Special elements / coatings
|1 Low Dispersion glass element, 2 Anomalous Dispersion glass elements, 2 Molded-Glass Aspherical elements, 1 Hybrid Aspherical element
|0.50 m (19.69″)
|Full time manual
|285 g (0.63 lb)
|64 mm (2.5″)
|80 mm (3.17″)