Along with the Nikon 1 J4 mirrorless camera, Nikon also announces the Nikon SB-N10 underwater speedlight. The new SB-N10 is an underwater flash unit compatible with the Nikon 1 AW1 and new Nikon 1 J4 compact system cameras.
This speedlight can be attached directly to the AW1 or the Nikon WP-N3 waterproof case, which is compatible with the J4.
The new Nikon SB-N10 has a guide number of 28 in metres at ISO 100 and is depth rated for 100m powered by 4 AA sized batteries.
Nikon Announces SB-N10 Underwater Speedlight
SB-N10 Underwater Speedlight Primary Features
- High flash output with a guide number of 28/92 at full power (ISO 100, m/ft.)
- Waterproof to a depth of 100 m (328 ft.)
- TTL and manual flash control are possible
- Supports a number of accessories, including the Underwater Bracket SK-N10A*, which can be used to mount the SB-N10 on a waterproof case, the Underwater Wide-Flash Adapter SW-N10A (supplied), which expands the angle of illumination when attached to the SB-N10, the Underwater Fiber-Optic Cable SC-N10A*, which transmits light from the camera’s built-in flash to the SB-N10, and the Underwater Fiber-Optic Cable Adapter SR-N10A*, which is used to connect the underwater fiber-optic cable to the head of the flash built into the Nikon 1 AW1
- *The SK-N10A, SC-N10A, and SR-N10A are available separately.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.