Fujifilm has released a new firmware update for the Fujifilm X-Pro1 digital compact system camera. Fujifilm X-Pro1 firmware version 3.10 now available for download. See the download links below.
Firmware version 3.10 for Fujifilm X-Pro1 digital compact camera brings a number of improvements and enhancements, including improved accuracy and coverage of the bright frame in the optical viewfinder, a new file name editing function, more consistent file numbering for photos taken in continuous shooting mode, and improved in-camera raw conversion.
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Firmware Update V3.10 Now Available for Download
The firmware update Ver.3.10 from Ver.3.01 incorporates the following issues :
- Improve the cover range and accuracy of the bright frame in the OVF
- The cover range of the bright frame displaying the shooting area in the optical viewfinder has been improved so that a field of view closer to the actual image can be checked. By maintaining the position of the bright frame with parallax compensation during AF lock, the shooting area can be checked even when letting go of the shutter release.* When use AE-L/AF-L button with the setting of “AF LOCK ONLY” or “AE/AF LOCK” in AE/AF-LOCK BUTTON in SHOOTING MENU.
- 2.See the exposure setting in live-view and histogram
- The images and histogram will reflect current exposure levels (with the shutter speed and aperture set during manual exposure also displayed on the image). In scenarios where the live view and the final shot will appear differently, eg: when using flash, this setting can be turned off.
- 3.Aperture and shutter speed can be changed once AE lock is selected
- The aperture or shutter speed can be changed while maintaining exposure (EV value) with the AE lock button. The photographer has the ability to tweak settings down to the very last moment before shooting.
- 4.The default and maximum sensitivity and minimum shutter speed can be set when ISO AUTO is selected
- When selecting “AUTO” in the ISO setting, users can also set standard ISO, Maximum ISO and a low-speed shutter limit. The low-speed shutter limit has been extended to 1/500 seconds.
- 5.New functionality allowing you to edit image file names
- An image file name (DSCF***) is automatically allocated to each picture when shooting, this can now be changed to your file name of choice.* This added functionality is useful when organizing the images after shooting, and sorting the images into groups.
- *It can be changed to a 4-letter file name when selecting “sRGB” and a 3-letter file name when selecting “Adobe RGB” for the color space.
- 6.Change of numbering for images shot using continuous shooting
- When shooting using continuous shooting, only the first image is currently displayed in full screen and subsequent frames are displayed in small on the bottom right, and the file number was set as “S+7-digit number”. With the new firmware, all frames in continuous shooting are displayed as full screen shots in playback. The file number has also been altered to follow numerically as per standard single shots, thereby allowing uniform management of images after shooting.
- 7.Improvement of RAW file conversion function
- When developing RAF images in-camera using the built-in RAW file converter, the firmware upgrade improves the flow by taking you back to the original RAF image once the conversion has been done, whereas before it left you with the converted JPG file on screen and the user had to go back to the next RAF file manually.
Download the X-Pro1 New Features Guide as pdf file.