Olympus has announced the new Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO lens. The Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO lens is a wide-angle to portrait-length zoom lens that is compatible with the Micro Four Thirds system.
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO is a high-end standard zoom lens to match the newly announced OM-D E-M1 mft camera. The 12-40mm F2.8 PRO offers a 24-80mm equivalent range, is dust-, splash- and freeze-proof, and uses a manual focus clutch design similar to the 12mm F2 and 17mm F1.8 primes.
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 PRO features a minimum focus distance of 0.2m offers 0.3x magnification, and the lens has a L.Fn button whose function can be customised from the camera. The 14 element / 9 group design is packed full of exotic glass, and includes two aspheric elements. Minor ergonomic improvements include a locking lens hood and centre-pinch lens cap.
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 PRO Lens Price
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO lens for micro four thirds cameras price is $999.00. The new Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 PRO is available to buy from the camera stores below. The 12-40mm F2.8 PRO starts shipping from December 7, 2013. Where to Buy & Pre-Order Olympus M Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 Pro Lens.
Olympus OM-D E-M1 MFT Camera Features
- 12-40mm lens provides a 35mm-equivalent field of view of 24-80mm, covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture enables consistent low-light performance and selective focus control throughout the zoom range.
- High-speed imager AF linear motor drive system, with MSC (Movie and Still Image Compatible) support, provides fast, smooth, and quiet focusing performance.
- The lens construction integrates one aspherical ED (extra-low dispersion) element, two aspherical elements, one DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) element, two extra-low dispersion elements, one HD element, and two HR (high-refractive index) elements into its design to minimize aberrations, distortion, and color fringing throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness, clarity, and fidelity.
- Seven-blade circular diaphragm works to produce an aesthetic out-of-focus quality that is well-suited to shallow depth of field imagery.
- Dust- and drip-proof design ensures the lens’ performance in inclement and harsh conditions.
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 PRO Lens Specifications
|Focal Length||12-40 mm, 24-80mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length)|
|Lens construction||14 elements in 9 groups
(Aspherical ED lens, 2 Aspherical lenses, DSA lens, 2 ED lenses, HD lens, 2 HR lense)
|Angle of View||84-30 degree|
|Closest Focusing Distance||7.87 inch / 0.2m|
|Maximum Image Magnification||0.3x
35mm Equivalent Max. Image Magnification: 0.6x
|Minimum Field Size||58 x 44mm|
|Number of Blades||7 (Circular Aperture Diaphragm)|
|Filter Size||Diameter 62 mm|
|Dimensions||2.75 ” Diameter x 3.30″ / 69.9 x 84mm|
|Weight||13.4 oz. / 382g|
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".