The Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM pancake lens is the lightest lens along with the 50mm f/1.8 II in the EF family. Photography Blog has posted a review Canon’s full-frame F 40mm f/2.8 STM pancake lens.
The EF 40mm f/2.8 STM offers an ultra-slim and lightweight design. This lens also includes an aspherical element, a bright 2.8 aperture, and optimized coatings that minimize ghosting and flare while providing exceptional color balance.
Below are the specifications of the EF 40mm f/2.8 STM lens from Canon.
Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens Specs
- Continuous Autofocus for Video With T4i
- Bright f/2.8 Aperture
- Lightweight 4.6 oz Lens
- Unobtrusive–Less Than 1″ Long
- Aspherical Element–High Image Quality
- Optimized Coatings Reduce Ghost & Flare
- Exceptional Color Balance
- 7-Blade Diaphragm for Beautiful Bokeh
- Close Focusing to 11.81″
- 64mm Equivalent If Used on APS-C Camera
From the Photography Blog’s review:
Despite it’s mostly plastic construction and affordable price, the Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM build quality is reassuringly good, certainly better than some of Canon’s 50mm primes. It’s a great match for either a full-frame Canon DSLR like the EOS 6D or an APS-C body like the EOS 700D that we tested it with, where the focal length changes to 64mm.