Canon EOS 70D digital SLR camera to be announced on July 2. The upcoming EOS 70D will feature the new AF system called “Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus”.
Digicame-info posted some information about the new Dual Pixel auto-focus. The Canon EOS 70D rumored to be available with a EF-S 18-55mm IS STM and the EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens. See also Canon EOS 70D full specs list.
Below are the machine translated text.
Canon EOS 70D Dual Pixel Auto-Focus Specs
- Is used as a phase difference detection element is divided into two each photodiode sensor on Dual Pixel CMOS AF.
- Possible to focus only on the image plane phase difference AF.
- It is one pixel in the sum of both for the two split normally. Phase difference detection is possible over the entire surface on the hardware because it is the same structure as full, but the periphery truncate the frame-like reliability of the information because the fall large influence of aberrations of the lens.
- Are not used for the time being in Kiss series computational load is large, because of the high cost still.
- I do not extend to the phase difference AF traditional, but it supposed to be a farewell to the live view slow in terms of speed.
- There is also a mode similar to the hybrid CMOS AF used in combination with contrast AF lens for the old.