Sony HX80 today officially announced as a travel zoom compact model with 30x zoom capabilities.
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 is third in a series of 30x zoom compacts offers a built-in pop-up EVF like the HX90, and uses an 18.2MP Exmor R CMOS sensor with Bionz X processor capable of 1080p HD video.
The lens on the Sony HX80 covers an equivalent 24-720mm range and is equipped with Optical SteadyShot stabilization. Smaller than the RX100 series pocketable compact Sony HX80 comes with Wi-Fi and NFC, and the 921k-dot 3″ LCD flips upward for easier self portraits.
The travel zoom compact camera will start shipping from April with a price tag for $350.
Sony HX80 Compact Camera Announced with 30x Zoom
Sony Announces New HX80 Compact Camera with 30x Zoom and Electronic Viewfinder
Along with the DSC-HX90V model, the HX80 camera becomes the only compact high-zoom camera with a retractable electronic viewfinder. The HX80 also features a high-resolution, 921k dot LCD screen that tilts a full 180 degrees for comfortable arms-length portraits or “selfies” and is Wi-Fi / NFC compatible.
Compact Hi-Zoom HX80 Camera w/ Built-in Retractable EVF
- Premium 30x ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* optical zoom lens with 60x “Clear Image” digital zoom capability
- Built-in pop-up OLED Tru-Finder EVF w/ high contrast and vivid colors
- 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ X processor ensure the finest capture details for still images and Full HD videos in all lighting conditions
- Optical SteadyShot with 5-axis image stabilization minimizes effects of camera shake
- 921k dot, 3.0 type LCD screen that tilts a full 180 degrees
- Full HD movie shooting capabilities including high-speed XAVC S format at 50 Mbps
- Built-in ‘pop up’ flash for low-light shooting support
- Compatible with Wi-Fi / NFC for seamless wireless transfer of content and with select Sony PlayMemories Camera apps