Leica SL3’s phase detection AF seems to be quite good, and we can expect the AF of the S1RII (tentative name), which is said to have the same specifications. Panasonic S1R II (tentative name) will be released at a much cheaper price, so if you are considering an L-mount high-pixel device, it might be a good idea to take a look at Panasonic’s new model before making your decision.
Below are the rumored specifications of Leica SL3.
Rumored Leica SL3 Specs
- Uses the same 60-megapixel sensor as Leica M11 or Leica Q3
- New body slightly smaller than Leica SL2
- 6.5 stops image stabilization
- Phase detection AF
- Cropped 8K/30p and 4K/60p + full-frame & S35 C4K/30p
- The camera is already being tested in the field
- To be expected on March 7
- SD Card and CF Express Type B memory cards
- IP54 sealed
- OLED EVF
- Content Authentication just like the M11-P
- Price under €8,000