Here are some updates on Sony Rumors for the upcoming Sony A7R V and Sony A9 III camera. As we have often mentioned in previous articles, Sony is expected to make two big full-frame mirrorless announcements in 2022.
One of them is Sony a7R V and due to the release of the super hot Canon EOS R5 and Nikon Z9 8K mirrorless cameras, Sony has decided to accelerate the development speed of the Sony a7R V with enhanced video core specifications. The other one will be the third iteration of Sony A9 camera.
According to recent reports, Sony is rumored to announce the Sony a7R V and a new ZV-1 styled camera before the Sony A9 III camera (successor of Sony A9 II). In addition, the Sony a9 III is expected to be released before the end of 2022 (or early 2023).
More details after the break!
In terms of lenses, Sony is likely to release the FE 85mm F1.2 GM and FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II in 2022. Sony FE 85mm f/1.2 GM lens will be more compact in size, just like the FE 50mm F1.2 GM lens. The US price for FE 85mm f/1.2 GM lens will probably be over $2,000. According to Sony Rumors, we expect the company alo unveil the FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM II lens in 2022.
The Sony a7R V is expected to be announced in late 2022 to replace the current Sony a7R IV. Here are the rumored Sony a7R V Specifications so far:
Sony a7R V Rumored Specifications
- 61MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- Updated BIONZ XR image processor
- The same menu as that on Sony a7S III
- 8K30p Raw Video
- 4K120p 10-Bit Internal Video
- 5.5 – 6 Stops IBIS
- Up to 20 fps Shooting
- 16Bit RAW photos in Shaking Music support (not yet determined)
- ISO 40-81920 (native 80-32000)
- 759 points PDAF
- Real-time tracking eye focus for birds/animals/humans
- 26 million pixels APS-C Mode
- 10fps continuous shooting
- 5.5-speed five-axis image stabilization
- 9.44 million pixels EVF
- 2.36 million pixels flip LCD screen
- Dual CFexpress Type A & UHS-II SD card slots
- 10Bit HEIF photos support
- lossless compression RAW photos support
- shake music mode is updated to four (2 photos/4 photos/8 photos/16 photos) (not yet determined)
- 3.0″ 1.44m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Bluetooth & Wi-Fi
- supports multiple creative modes including S-CineTone
- flash sync interface, no full-size HDMI
- Launch Price: £3800/US$3500
- The official announcement will be in late 2022.
Sony a9 III Rumored Specifications
- 24-megapixel stacked CMOS image sensor
- 30 fps high-speed continuous shooting
- Body design is the same as Sony a1
- 6K/60p 12bit RAW
- Full frame 4K/60p 10bit 4:2:2 (6K oversampling)
- 4K/120p in S35 mode
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography
Note: Join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!