In addition to the Sony A7S III firmware update v2.01, Sony released the firmware version 1.01 for Sony FX3 full-frame cinema camera. You can see the details on the latest firmware v.1.01 below and also head over to Sony to download it.
Sony also announced the FX9 and FX6 will be getting a firmware update soon to enable 4K/120fps RAW output, anamorphic de-squeeze and more. The upcoming firmware update for FX9 and FX6 is due to arrive in May 2021.
Sony FX3 Firmware Update Version 1.01 Details and Download Links
Benefits and Improvements
- Fixes an issue where a Picture Profile may be applied even though the Picture Profile feature is set to OFF
- Improves the operational stability of the camera when using the Imaging Edge Desktop (Remote) or Imaging Edge Mobile apps
- Fixes an issue where an error message may appear while shooting at a high shutter speed
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
What’s coming to the FX9 (firmware v3.0) and FX6 Firmware May 2021:
- Anamorphic De-squeeze (2x and 1.33x options)
- Cinemascope frame lines displayed in the viewfinder
- 4K/120fps RAW output to a new Atomos recorder
- Center Scan mode for Super 16mm lens for FX9
- B4 lens support for FX9
- S700PTP Remote Protocol
To read more about the latest updates around everything Sony pro video head over to their press release here.
More FX3 coverage
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography