This is the 60th lens in Sony E mount lineup and the new FE 50mm f/1.2 GM Lens competes with the already excellent Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM and Nikon NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S optics. The lens gives photographers an extra 1/2-stop of light in a body the same size and weight as the Zeiss 50mm f/1.4.
As you’d expect from a Sony G Master (GM) lens, the FE 50mm f/1.2 has a solid build and weather-sealing, including a fluorine coating on the front element to repel dust, water and fingerprints. The lens’s maximum F1.2 aperture combines an impressive shallow depth of field for maximum creative expression with incredible light gathering capabilities. This allows faster shutter speeds and lower ISO in low light settings, making it ideal for portraits, wedding photography, video and more.
Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM Lens Reviews
- Review at Explora
- Image samples by Marc Galer.
- Official product page at Sony.
- Sample images by Dpreview.
Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM Lens Features
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Minimum Focus Distance: 15.7″
- Three XA Extreme Aspherical Elements
- Four XD Linear Motors
- Internal Focusing, Floating Focus Design
- Two Focus Hold Buttons
- Clicked or Seamless Aperture Control
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM Lens Video Reviews
Official product videos:
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography.