Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM Lens is a creator’s dream, with an F1.2 maximum aperture that not only allows shooting in a wider range of lighting conditions, but also provides an extraordinary combination of high resolution, luscious G Master (GM) bokeh, and blazing autofocus.
A classic normal focal length prime lens with an updated, sleek design, the Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM is characterized by its speed and relatively compact form factor. The versatile focal length suits shooting everything from street, portraiture, and landscape to documentary subjects, and the fast-maximum aperture excels in low light and controlling depth of field. Also, as a G Master lens, it features an advanced optical design for well-corrected imagery with a high degree of sharpness and clarity.
Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM Lens Features
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- Three XA Elements
- Nano AR II and Fluorine Coatings
- Four XD Linear AF Motors, Internal Focus
- Focus Hold Button, AF/MF Switch
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM Lens First Impressions
- Review at Explora
- Image samples by Marc Galer.
- Official product page at Sony.
- Sample images by Dpreview.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.