According to the recent reports, Canon is likely to announce the development of several new EOS R series mirrorless cameras including Canon EOS R1, Canon EOS R5S and Canon EOS R7 along with 15 full-frame RF mount mirrorless lenses. Some impossible rumors regarding the EOS R1 flagship mirrorless full frame camera from Canon have emerged. These are not accurate specs and probably you want real rumored EOS R1 specifications. Don’t worry, we’ll add previous leaks to this post. However here is the story.
As you know there is a big impact on the camera industry when the Sony A1 announced. For imaging professionals, “the one” is the one camera that can do it all. What will be Canon’s answer and will there be a ESO R1 for real so soon. Actually we do expect a EOS R5s which will pixel shift the EOS R5 sensor and provide 90MP stills but maybe Canon could wait for a while and look for the tension in Sony A1 sales. You can check updates about the Sony a1 stock status. The price of the high-end full frame mirrorless camera is $6,499 and available at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Some Impossible Canon EOS R1 Specifications
- Approx: 85MP global shutter CMOS imaging sensor
- Approx: 85MP at 20fps, 21MP at 40fps unlimited continued shooting
- Full Sensor Large Quad Pixel Auto Focus
- 15.5 EV+ Dynamic Range
- ISO 160-1638400
- 5-axis IBIS up to 9 stops
- 3.5” 9.33MP 1280nit 10-bit WCG RGB-OLED touch screen with 120Hz AE-AF
- 9.44MP 120Hz SuperSpeed AE-AF electronic viewfinder
- Price $8,500USD
Canon EOS R1 Rumored Specifications:
- Newly designed 21MP full-frame global shutter image sensor
- A full-pixel Quad-Pixel CMOS AF autofocus system more powerful than Canon R5 and Canon R6
- The highest record of Canon high-speed continuous shooting speed
- Aimed at professional sports and wildlife photographers
- Could be displayed at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics (from July 23 to August 8, 2021)
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Camera Rumors