More details have been leaked about the 90MP Canon EOS R5S Camera. As you might remember we have posted several rumors that Canon is working on a new high-megapixel RF-mount full frame mirrorless camera to replace both the Canon EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R.
The name is not clear at the moment but it is expected to be called as Canon EOS R5S and come with a new Pixel Shift like feature. The sensor resolution looks amazing as 90MP which “just about doubles” the 45MP sensor of the Canon EOS R5 (Amazon, B&H). We can assume that this pixel shift like feature could bump the resolution to 300MP just like Fuji did on the GFX 100. Anyway Beyond the HIGH megapixels, the EVF will also be larger and higher than the current Canon EOS R5.
- Approxamently 90mp sensor
- “Pixel-shift like feature” to add resolution (Perhaps like Fujifilm’s feature in the GFX 100?). Total resolution “north of 300mp”.
- Nearly identical body design as the Canon EOS R5.
- Video features are “NOT a focus” of the Canon EOS R5s.
- Image stabilization will be a “slightly different version” than the current RF mount cameras.
- Pricing will be “similar” to the Canon EOS R5.
- Announcement scheduled for Q1 of 2021 (All announcements are still a moving target for obvious reasons.)
Here is what we know so far about this high megapixel Canon EOS R5S mirrorless camera:
- 90MP full-frame CMOS image sensor
- 5-Axis in-body Image Stabilization
- No 8K video recording capability
- The design is similar to the Canon EOS R5 camera
- Dual card slots: SD (compatible with UHS-II), CFexpress type B
- Joystick the same as the EOS-1D X Mark III
- Larger and higher resolution EVF than the EOS R
- LP-E6NH battery
- Built-in 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Magnesium alloy body
- Dust-proof and splash-proof
- Development announcement in the beginning of 2021
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Camera Rumors.