Nikon released new firmware updates version 3.20 for the Z6 and Z7 mirrorless cameras and a new Webcam Utility. If you are a new owner of Z6 II and Z7 II see here for the latest update.
New firmware adds support for NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S lens and fixes several bugs. It also adds support for RAW video output is available via a fee-for-service upgrade. Check out the details and download links below.
Skylum launched the new Luminar 4 with AI Sky enhancer tool. For a limited time you get this package with a $10 discount using coupon code “CAMERANEWS” and extra Bonuses.See also 2020 Black Friday Mirrorless Camera Deals
Changelog for Firmware Updates Version 3.20 for Z6 and Z7 Cameras
- Support for RAW video output is available via a fee-for-service upgrade, * and firmware version 3.20 adds support under this service for Blackmagic Design external video recorders (currently the Video Assist 5″ 12G HDR and Video Assist 7″ 12G HDR). If you have already purchased the RAW video output upgrade for your camera, updating to firmware version 3.20 will add support for Blackmagic Design external video recorders automatically.
- Users of Apple’s Final Cut Pro X (version 10.4.9 or later) can now adjust ISO sensitivity—and display and adjust color temperature—for ProRes RAW footage output to ATOMOS NINJA V external recorders using the fee-for-service RAW video output upgrade. *
- < Choosing a RAW Output Type >
- Before filming RAW video, choose an option for HDMI > Advanced > RAW output options > RAW output type in the SETUP MENU based on the type of recorder connected: select Type A for NINJA V recorders and Type B for Video Assist recorders.
- Added support for NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S lenses.
- Fixed the following issues:
- Rotating the focus or (if Focus (M/A) is assigned to the control ring) control ring would sometimes fail to activate manual focus during burst photography when a NIKKOR Z lens was attached.
- The exposure indicator would not be displayed in mode M when a non-CPU lens was attached via an FTZ mount adapter.
- Certain aperture values would not be selected when control rings for the following lenses were rotated to stop aperture down in movie mode:
- NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3
- NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR
- NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR
- NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR
- Unexpected aperture values would sometimes be displayed during bracketing in mode M if a bracketing option that made changes to aperture was selected with a NIKKOR Z lens attached.
- Power aperture controls would sometimes stop responding after the standby timer had been on for an extended period in movie mode.
- The RAW video output upgrade is available on a fee-for-service basis. For more information, contact a Nikon-authorized service representative.
And the changelog for the Nikon Webcam Utility:
- Added support for macOS Big Sur version 11.
- Added support for Apple Silicon. Note that the Webcam Utility functions as a universal plugin and on Apple Silicon machines runs as an Apple Silicon native app in the universal version of Chrome.
- Nikon Z6 firmware update version 3.20
- Nikon Z7 firmware update version 3.20
- Nikon Webcam Utility (Mac) Version 1.0.1
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!