FCC published additional documents regarding the upcoming Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR camera. FCC filing unveils the internals of the K-3 III. The front and top parts of the upcoming K-3 III APS-C DSLR without its outer shell. It shows the viewfinder pentaprism, top info display and the new shutter release.
Pentax states that the K-3 III is expected to release around the scheduled time of the CP+ camera exhibition, which is in late February. The K-3 III will be compatible with KAF4, KAF3, KAF2, KAF, and KA mount lenses. The camera features a new 25.73MP APS-C CMOS image sensor. ISO will range from 100 all the way up to 1,600,000 and the camera will feature sensor-shift image stabilization. In addition to still image capabilities, the K-3 III will record 4K video at up to 30 frames per second and Full HD video at 60p.
In late October, Ricoh published a video, seen below, sharing some information about the next Pentax DSLR. It will be called the Pentax K-3 III, and comes with a 26mp APS-C sensor. Here are some of the highlights from the video:
- New optical viewfinder, with 1.05x magnification, new glass material
- New shutter control mechanism, Touch-screen for improved operation, Improved user interface
- 1.6 million ISO (ISO100 to 1.6million) – Dramatic improvement in image quality, image sensor, image engine, and accelerator completely redesigned with
- Improved continuous shooting and tracking performance, 12fps continuous shooting, improved AF, with wider coverage and improved tracking for moving subjects
- 200,000 yen expected price ($1911 US, £1469 at current exchange rates)
According to the given information the release date is around the period of the CP+ camera exhibition, which will be held from February 25 to 28 in 2021. The Pentax K-3 III is on pace to release early next year with a yet to be finalized price. They refer to the video and we see the Pentax K-3 III price to be above 200,000 yen. This makes the expected US price to be around $1,999.
The K-3 Mark III includes a new shutter release mechanism, as shown here compared to the mechanism in the K-1 Mark II. Compared to the K-3 Mark II, the new K-3 series camera’s shutter release will offer users ‘lighter’ and ‘smoother’ action.
Below you can see the back of the K-3 Mark III. In front of the circuit board will be a 3.2″ display. This is the same size display as the K-3 II, but the Mark III’s display will offer touchscreen functionality and include a higher resolution.
Overview of the new product in development:
- Product name: PENTAX K-3 Mark III
- Launch date: The launch target is around the period of the CP+ camera exhibition, which will be held from February 25 to 28 in 2021.
- Price: Not decided (see video above)
- See Full Press Text
If you’d like to see all the images in the new FCC filing or read the user manual, which is also available, click here.
Via: Pentax Rumors
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.