Here is the full specifications, press release and pricing info of the upcoming Fujifilm X-S10 camera and Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS WR Lens.
The main specifications of Fujifilm X-S10 is 26.1 megapixel X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, 5-axis in-body image stabilization that has an effect of up to 6.0 steps, X-Processor 4, 4K30p video, full HD 240p slow motion.
Fujifilm is planning to announce a new XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS Mark II lens with the Fuji X-S10 mid-range mirrorless camera. Below you can find the Fujifilm X-S10 Camera & XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS WR Lens full specs, pricing information as well as press text.
Fujifilm X-S10 Price:
- Fujifilm X-S10 Body: $999
- Fujifilm X-S10 with XF 18-55mm lens Kit: $1,399
- Fujifilm X-S10 with XF16-80mm lens: $1,499
Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS WR Lens: $999
Fujifilm X-S10 full specifications:
- Number of effective pixels: 26.1 million pixels
- Image sensor: 23.5mm×15.6mm (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS 4 with primary color filter.
- Storage media:
- SD memory card (-2GB)
- SDHC memory card (-32GB)
- SDXC memory card (-2TB) o UHS-I
- File format of still image:
- JPEG:Exif Ver.2.3
- RAW: 14bit RAW (RAF original format)
- Lens mount:FUJIFILM X Mount
- Standard output: AUTO1 / AUTO2 / AUTO3 (up to ISO12800) / ISO160-12800 (1/3 step)
- Extended output: ISO80 / 100 / 125 / 25600 / 51200
- Exposure control: TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average / Center Weighted
- Exposure mode: P (Program AE) / A (Aperture Priority AE) / S (Shutter Speed Priority AE) / M (Manual Exposure)
- Exposure compensation: -5.0EV-+5.0EV 1/3EV step (Movie: -2.0EV-+2.0EV)
- Image stabilizer
- Mechanism: Image sensor shift mechanism with 5-axis compensation
- Compensation Effect: Maximum 6.0 stops (based on CIPA standard. Pitch/yaw shake only. o Digital Image Stabilization: Yes (movie mode only)
- IS MODE BOOST: Yes (movie mode only)
- Shutter type: Focal Plane Shutter
- Movie recording
- File format:
- MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Audio: Linear PCM / Stereo sound 24bit / 48KHz sampling)
- MP4 (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC)
- File size: Long-GOP
- Frame rate: [DCI 4K (4096×2160) ] 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps up to approx. 30min
- Recording time
- [4K (3840×2160) ] 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps up to approx. 30min
- [Full HD (2048 ×1080) ] 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps/50Mbps up to approx. 30min.
- [Full HD (1920×1080) ] 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps/50Mbps up to approx. 30min.
- [Full HD (1920×1080) High speed rec.]
- 240p / 200p 200Mbps(recording) up to approx. 3min.
- 120p / 100p 200Mbps(recording) up to approx. 6min.
- Flash modes
- Sync. Mode
- 1ST CURTAIN / 2ND CURTAIN (When SYNC TERMINAL on the hot shoe is used)
- 1ST CURTAIN / 2ND CURTAIN (When BUILT-IN FLASH is set)
- 1ST CURTAIN / 2ND CURTAIN / AUTO FP(HSS) (When SHOE MOUNT FLASH is set)
- Flash Mode
- TTL (TTL AUTO (P mode) / STANDARD / SLOW SYNC. ) / MANUAL / COMMANDER / OFF (When BUILT-IN FLASH is set)
- TTL (TTL AUTO (P mode) / STANDARD / SLOW SYNC. ) / MANUAL / MULTI / OFF (When SHOE MOUNT FLASH is set)
- Sync. Mode
- LCD monitor: 3.0 inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 1.04 millions dots touch screen color LCD monitor(approx. 100% coverage)
- 0.39 inch approx. 2.36 millions dots OLED Color Viewfinder
- Coverage of viewing area vs. capturing area: approx. 100%
- Eyepoint: approx. 17.5mm (from the eyepiece lens) Diopter adjustment: -4-+2m-1
- Magnification: 0.62× with 50mm lens (35mm equivalent) at infinity and diopter set to -1m-1
- Diagonal angle of view: approx. 31° (Horizontal angle of view: approx. 26° ) Built-in eye sensor
- Digital interface: USB Type-C (USB3.2 Gen1x1)
- HDMI output: HDMI micro connector (Type D)
- Other: ø3.5mm, stereo mini connector (for Microphone and Remote Release), Hot shoe
- Dimensions: (W) 126.0mm × (H) 85.1mm × (D) 65.4mm (minimum depth 32.9mm)
- Approx. 465g (including battery and SD memory card)
- Approx. 415g (excluding battery and SD memory card)
Fujifilm X-S10 Press Release:
A portable, intuitive camera, capable of outstanding performance. X-S10 offers renowned FUJIFILM design, engineering, and color science in an accessible package. The newly created body features a deep grip for absolute security when making images handheld, even with larger lenses, and an intuitive, simple control dial for effortless operation. It is also packed with state-of-the-art technology, including five-axis in-body image stabilization to enable smooth footage and super-sharp stills, a 180° vari-angle LCD touchscreen that covers even the most awkward angles, and superfast 0.02 second autofocus that is accurate down to -6EV. When combined with the outstanding 26.1 megapixel, back-side illuminated X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and quad-core X-Processor 4 CPU, it is possible to achieve stunning photography and cinema-quality video, while harnessing the unique beauty arising from Fujifilm’s offered 18 Film Simulation modes.
It’s All About How It Feels
X-S10 has been designed to provide on-the-go photographers with maximum control. Its deep handgrip affords solid, confident handling with any kind of lens attached, while the intuitive controls ensure effortless operation, no matter what camera system you are used to. When you also consider the 180° vari-angle LCD touchscreen and up to 20fps uncropped continuous shooting, with X-S10 you will be ready to unleash Fujifilm’s acclaimed color science for any and every photo opportunity.
Making State-of-the-Art Simple
Designed to be simple and minimalist on the outside, X-S10 still enjoys Fujifilm’s renowned image-making technology at its heart. With the state-of-the-art X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-Processor 4 combination, it is easy to create astounding results. The 26.1 megapixel back-side illuminated sensor offers a wide dynamic range and incredible image quality, while the quad-core CPU not only provides precision autofocus at speeds of up to 0.02 seconds and in light levels as low as -6EV, but also superfast stills and video processing to keep up with your creative needs.
Putting Stability in Your Hands
To document the most amazing moments, you need to be in the right place at the right time, but the greater lengths you go to in search of the perfect angle, the higher the risk of a shaky camera ruining it all. That’s why X-S10 features a five-axis in-body image stabilization (IBIS) system that gives you the freedom to go handheld and get right to the heart of the action. The five stops of image stabilization will help keep your images sharp and your video steady no matter what conditions you are faced with.
From Small Camera to Big Screen
Video is becoming an increasingly important means of expression for creators around the world, so it is essential to have a camera that can excel in both photography and videography. X-S10’s outstanding movie-making abilities provide the perfect solution. This camera allows you to record in cinema-quality DCI 4K/30p and super-slow motion Full HD/240p, and when you combine the five-axis IBIS with a four-axis digital image stabilization feature, you can always be confident that you will get incredibly smooth footage. Add to this 4:2:2 10-bit color via HDMI, and you have everything you need for professional filmmaking.
Go to Any Length With a FUJINON XF, XC or MK Lens
X-S10 is an extremely versatile camera and when you combine its versatility with a choice of over 30 different high-quality lenses, the possibilities are endless. As part of the FUJIFILM X Series system, X-S10 is compatible with the award-winning FUJINON XF, XC, and MK Lens ranges. Built based on over 70 years of experience in optical design and engineering, FUJINON optics are some of the best-loved in the market. Designed to provide outstanding resolving power and maximum clarity across the frame while maintaining the utmost portability, they are trusted by countless creators throughout the industry.
Powerful Image Manipulation Made Easy
Fujifilm has been producing photographic films for over 85 years and, in this time, it has developed a legendary reputation. Some of the world’s most renowned creators have chosen Fujifilm to make some of the world’s best-loved images. The FUJIFILM Film Simulation modes were created to celebrate this history by digitizing some of the industry’s most iconic analog films and placing them at your fingertips. X-S10 features 18 Film Simulation modes, including ETERNA Bleach Bypass, the newest addition to the much-loved FUJIFILM Film Simulation mode collection, which creates a beautiful, desaturated, high-contrast look that any image maker will find irresistible.
Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS WR Lens Press Release:
Bring creative visions into reality and make photos that evoke feeling like never before with XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR, a compact wide-angle zoom, with a 35mm equivalent focal range of 15-36mm, that lets you access all the most popular 35mm wide-angle focal lengths in one lens. With Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) that is improved to 3.5 stops from its predecessor (XF10-24mmF4 R OIS lens), the addition of weather resistant seals, resigned to protect the lens against dust and moisture, and simple updates to the aperture ring, this new XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR lens is now practical, portable, and durable, which makes it simply reliable when those moments matter most.
A new weather resistant design, same optics
Some things should never change, and when it comes to the optical design of this lens, that is certainly the case. Despite being designed to be both dust and moisture resistant, the new XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR retains the same XF lens optical designs that make them a beloved addition to any X Series user’s camera bag. XF10-24mm F4 R OIS WR lens maintains a compact form factor, edge-to-edge sharpness, and constant F4 aperture value throughout its entire range of focal lengths. It is able to do this in challenging environments and in temperatures as low as -10°Celsius.
Redesigned for enhanced stability
Added stability comes to XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR lens in the form of a new, sophisticated gyro sensor that is designed to improve Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) from our previous XF lenses by 1.0 stop. This brings vibration reduction performance up to 3.5 stops, which can be further extended to 6.5 stops when it is paired with a current X Series camera equipped with an In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS) feature, such as FUJIFILM X-T4. Regardless of the X Series camera it is used with, one thing is certain: with the new XF10-24mm F4 R OIS WR lens, sharp images are on the horizon.
You asked, we listened
Incorporating user feedback into our products is in our DNA, so it should be no surprise that the requests for an “A-position” aperture lock and an f-stop scale be added to the lens’s aperture ring were the first things we addressed with this new XF lens design. And since we were making these changes, we also decided to take the opportunity to go one step further and also reduce the width of both the aperture and focus rings (as compared to the previous XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS lens version) by 1mm to shave 25 g off the total weight. Added practicality for less weight just seemed like the perfect trade-off in our opinion. We hope you think so too.
Fast, reliable, and near-silent autofocus
Our engineers go to great lengths to make lenses that will focus accurately and quietly, while keeping lens breathing to a minimum. Whether it’s being used for photo or video, the new XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR lens is engineered to meet all of these needs. Lightweight focusing elements snap into place with the help of a high-precision motor and subjects easily remain tack sharp, with the lens reliably holding focus regardless of whether the subject is standing still or moving within the frame.
XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR Press Release + Images
Fujifilm announced that it will launch the Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR lens. This will be the 36th interchangeable lens designed for Fujifilm X-series digital camera systems and an update of the original XF 10-24mmF4 R OIS lens.
XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR is an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with a focal length of 10mm to 24mm (equivalent to 15mm to 36mm in 35mm format). It adopts the same optical design as the XF10-24mm OIS lens and provides similar image resolution. Rate performance, similar to the previous generation lens, it can achieve the maximum aperture of F4.0 in the entire focal length range of the zoom lens. The updated aperture ring has an aperture scale, an automatic positioning lock, and a new dust-proof and drip-proof structure. This enhanced lens will become a new first choice for photographers to shoot natural scenery. They only need an ultra-wide-angle lens to experience these beauty Photography experience. In addition, the internal structure has also been redesigned, the focus and zoom ring has become thinner, and the total weight of the lens has been reduced by 25g. Not only that, the optical image stabilization is also increased by 1 stop, and the total anti-shake effect can reach 3.5 stops.
1. Update the Aperture ring, with a large aperture scale and automatic positioning lock
The aperture ring has been updated to a large aperture scale, which is convenient for photographers to visually check the aperture set by the lens, without having to look through the camera’s electronic viewfinder or LCD display. The iris ring is also equipped with an automatic positioning lock, which is similar to the automatic positioning lock on the GF lens, which prevents accidental movement of the iris ring and improves use efficiency.
2. Enhance dust and drip resistance
This new lens is dust and moisture resistant and can operate at temperatures as low as -10°C. Despite the increased performance, the weight is 25g lighter than the previous model.
3. Improve optical image stabilization
This lens uses a new precision gyro sensor to increase the image stabilization by 1.0 stop compared with the previous model, reaching 3.5 stops. When paired with flagship models of X-series cameras (such as FUJIFILM X-T4), the lens and camera can achieve approximately 6.5-speed 5-axis image stabilization.
4. More slim and stylish design
Compared with the previous model, the focus ring and zoom ring are reduced by 3mm and 2mm respectively, and the design is more compact and stylish.
- The new lens consists of 14 lenses, including 4 aspheric lenses in 10 groups and 4 ED lenses. The use of aspheric lenses can reduce spherical aberration, distortion and distortion, while the use of ED lenses can correct chromatic aberrations and provide stronger edge sharpness. Despite the small size of the lens, it can maintain a maximum aperture of F4.0 in the focal length range from super wide-angle 10mm to wide-angle 24mm (equivalent to 15mm-36mm in 35mm format), while users can still maintain a constant aperture value at any focal length .
- The front lens lens has been carefully coated to minimize ghosting (which often occurs on large curvature lenses commonly found in ultra-wide-angle zoom lenses) and provide higher image sharpness and clarity.
- The closest working distance of the lens is only 24cm, which is also suitable for macro photography. Using the lens to shoot an object at close range, while also bringing the background, can create powerful images that maximize the use of ultra-wide-angle focal length.
(3) Fast, almost silent autofocus
The lens uses an internal focusing system to achieve high-speed autofocus. The use of lightweight focusing lenses and high-precision motors enables fast, almost silent autofocus, which can also be achieved when used with the face/eye autofocus function of X-series cameras.
Read more Fujifilm Camera Rumors.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".