What to expect next from Sony ? In this June 2020 version, you’ll get the latest news and rumors in one place for the upcoming Sony APS-c and Full Frame mirrorless cameras as well as new lenses.
After the announcement of new Sony a9 II (Amazon, B&H Photo Video, Adorama) currently, there is two new Sony camera code got registered: WW119533 – WW271448. See below for what to expect for these two Sony camera codes. Unfortunately one of them will not be a high-end Sony camera but the other one is definitely a new E-mount ILC.
Sony cameras to be announced in 1-3 months:
- WW119533: Registered by Sony China, this camera uses NP-BX1 battery, which is also used on RX1R II, could be long awaited Sony RX10 V or RX1R III)
- WW271448: Registered by Sony Japan, so this is a high-end full frame E-mount model, could be long awaited Sony A7s III or Sony A7 IV.
Rumored Sony cameras
- Sony a7S III (Rumored to be announced around NAB Show in April, 2020. with 15MP IMX521CQR sensor, 4K@60p, 10bit 4:2:2, HDR Video, Staked Sensor, see rumored specs)
- Sony a7 IV (To replace current a7 III, rumored to be announced in the second half of 2020)
- Sony a6700/a7000 (see the latest rumored specs)
- Sony Alpha a5 (An entry-level full frame mirrorless camera to compete with Canon EOS RP)
- Sony RX1R III
- Sony RX0 Mark II
- Sony RX10 V
Rumored Sony Lenses
Below are the list of Sony lenses to be announced next
- Sony FE 20mm f/2.8 Pancake Lens
- Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Mark II Lens
- Sony E 12-24mm f/4 Lens
- Sony FE 500mm f/4 GM Lens
This is all for what to expect from Sony for the second half of 2020. We hope these rumored Sony cameras and lenses arrive in 2020. Please feel free to relay your comments, or suggestions.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography