Sharp 8K Micro Four Thirds Camera were on display at CES 2020 event. The Micro Four Thirds camera will be priced around ¥300,000 to ¥400,000 yen (approximately $2,800 to $3,700). Shipping is scheduled to start in Summer 2019.
Sharp 8K Micro Four Thirds camera uses its own 33MP Four Thirds sensor, and it provides plenty of resolution for capturing a UHD 8K image. Promised recording specs are 8K at 30p using H.265 or H.264 at 200 Mb/s in 8-bit 4:2:0 internally.
Users will also have slow-motion Full HD and 4K60 options coming. Additionally, future HDR will support 10-bit and the mini-HDMI port will output a clean 8K signal. Check out more information below about the Sharp 8K Micro Four Thirds camera.
What we know so far about the Sharp 8K Micro Four Thirds Camera
- 8k at 30 fps in H.265 codec (Sharp is working on 60 fps)
- 4k or HD up to 60p at 200 Mbits/s at 10-bit
- UI fully implemented
- MFT lens mount
- CMOS sensor
- Mini-XLR input
- Full HDMI out
- Headphone and audio jacks
- SD memory card
- 5.5″ fully articulating touchscreen HD LCD
- Not officially announced yet (another prototype was shown at CES)
- Release timeframe: second half of 2020 for Japan, US shortly after
- Price: under $4,000
- The official announcement is expected at the 2020 NAB show
Stay tuned with us for more information.