Nikon is on the verge to announce the Nikon D750 replacement camera which will be announced with the name of Nikon D780. According to latest rumors the upcoming Nikon D780 DSLR will have a price tag between $1,999-$2,199.
The Nikon D780 has been rumored to be the Nikon D760 over the past year and also as the D770 or D790 names in recent months. Now the name is almost confirmed within the rumor mill and probably we will see the Nikon D780 announcement on January 7th.
Nikon most likely announce new products in January for the CES show 2020 (January 7-10). Along with the Nikon D780 DSLR, the company is expected to unveil Nikon Nikkor Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S mirrorless lens and another new Nikkor zoom lens for F-mount probably the AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR Lens,
- Buy Nikon D750 FX-format Digital SLR Camera Body – Was $2,000, now just $1,196.95 (Also at B&H Photo)
- Buy D750 FX-Format Digital SLR Body Only Camera – Refurbished by Nikon U.S.A. – $899.95
Here are the updated Nikon D780 specifications ahead of the official announcement.
- 24MP BSI improved sensor
- Articulated TFT LCD tilting touchscreen, 3.2″ with 2,100,000 dots
- Significantly improved processor (compared to the D750)
- Improved fps RAW shooting
- Video: 3840×2160 24p-30p, 1920×1080 24p-120p
- Really good AF for video
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- No built-in flash
- Higher ISO (better than the D850)
- Dual SD UHSII card slots
- Between 51 and 153 AF points – one number that I was given is 105 AF points
- An updated interface like the Z-series
- Slightly smaller and lighter body than the current D750
- Nikon EN-EL15b battery (used also in the Z7, Z6, D850, D750 and other Nikon cameras)
- Official announcement expected in the first half of January – the unconfirmed date is January 7th (±1-2 days)
- Price: between $1,999-$2,199
Sitting between the more affordable D610 and the pro-grade, high-resolution D810, the D750 borrows elements from both cameras. This mid-range full frame DSLR still sells very good and costs $1,196.95 at Amazon.
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!