Here is the first leaked Nikon D780 DSLR camera specifications and details. We can say that the Nikon D750 replacements will be announced with the name Nikon D780, which has been rumored to be the Nikon D760 over the past year and also as the D770 or D790 names in recent months.
As you know Nikon D610 and Nikon D810 DSLRs are officially discontinued. The Nikon D610 is currently in stock at Adorama and B&H Photo. The Nikon D810 camera is now out of stock in the US, but refurbished versions are still available for sale at Adorama and B&H. Looks like the upcoming Nikon D780 will be the only model number between D610 and D810.
Nikon most likely announce new products in January for the CES show 2020 (January 7-10). With the almost confirmed within the rumor mill Nikon D780 DSLR camera, the company is expected to unveil Nikon Nikkor Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S mirrorless lens and another new Nikkor zoom lens for F-mount probably the AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR Lens,
- Buy Nikon D750 FX-format Digital SLR Camera Body – Was $2,000, now just $1,196.95 (Also at B&H Photo)
- Buy D750 FX-Format Digital SLR Body Only Camera – Refurbished by Nikon U.S.A. – $899.95
Rumored Nikon D780 Specifications
- 24MP BSI improved sensor
- Articulated TFT LCD tilting touchscreen, 3.2″ with 2,100,000 dots
- Significantly improved processor (compared to the D750)
- Improved fps RAW shooting
- Video: 3840×2160 24p-30p, 1920×1080 24p-120p
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- No built-in flash
- Higher ISO (better than the D850)
- Dual SD UHSII card slots
- Between 51 and 153 AF points – one number that I was given is 105 AF points
- An updated interface like the Z-series
- Slightly smaller and lighter body than the current D750
- Nikon EN-EL15b battery (used also in the Z7, Z6, D850, D750 and other Nikon cameras)
- To be released in 2020 (it could be as early as January-February for the CP+ show, but this is not confirmed)
- Official announcement expected in the first half of January
Sitting between the more affordable D610 and the pro-grade, high-resolution D810, the D750 borrows elements from both cameras. This mid-range full frame DSLR still sells very good and costs $1,196.95 at Amazon.
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".