Here is a detailed Nikon Z9 review about autofocus. Jared Polin published a hands-on video. He took on the Nikon Z9 out into the Real World to test out the Auto Focus in multiple challenging situations. So how did the Auto Focus do, does it compete with the Canon EOS R3 and Sony a1? Check out the Nikon Z9 Autofocus Review video below to find out!
The Nikon Z9 is one of the most powerful cameras on the market, capable of up to 30 fps shooting in JPEG or 20 with Raw capture, and able to record 8K/30 video, with the promise of 12-bit Raw 8K/60 capture in a future firmware update.
Nikon Z9 at a Glance
- Full-frame mirrorless camera with dual-grip design
- Nikon Z mount
- Newly-designed 45.7-megapixel stacked backside-illuminated full-frame CMOS image sensor
- New EXPEED 7 image processor
- 20 frames per second continuous shooting RAW
- 1000+ RAW buffer with Nikon’s new compressed RAW format
- 30 fps continuous shooting, full-res JPEG
- 120 fps continuous shooting, 11-megapixel JPEG
- Electronic shutter only
- Fast scan rate image sensor to minimize rolling shutter
- Blackout-free EVF
- 4-axis tilt touchscreen display
- Eye-AF for people and animals
- Vehicle detection AF
- 8K/30p and 4K/120p at launch, 8K/60p via firmware update in 2022
- Dual Type-B CFexpress slots (XQD supported)
- Built-in GPS and Wi-Fi (plus 1000Base-T Ethernet)
- $5,500 body only
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!