Canon officially announced the new Canon EOS R3 full frame mirrorless camera. The US price is $5,999 and it will be released on November 30, 2021.
The Canon EOS R3 is the company’s first high-end mirrorless camera designed for sports, wildlife and photojournalism. The EOS R3 is built around a 24MP Stacked CMOS sensor, which delivers fast readout for rapid shooting, responsive autofocus and low rolling-shutter video, but it also includes a host of innovative features, including the return of Canon’s Eye Control autofocus system, last seen in film SLRs of the late 90s and early 2000s.
This Canon EOS R3 camera bridges the gap between the immensely popular EOS R5 and the world-renowned Canon flagship EOS-1D X line.
Canon EOS R3 key specifications
- 24MP Stacked CMOS Dual Pixel AF sensor
- 30 fps E-shutter (w/ full 14-bit Raw)
- 5.69M-dot EVF with Eye Control AF
- No EVF blackout in e-shutter mode
- OVF simulation mode that exploits HDR viewfinder
- E-shutter with flash sync up to 1/180 sec
- Truer-to-life PQ HDR capture as 10-bit HEIF files
- Dual Pixel AF with improved subject recognition
- AF rated as working down to -7.5EV (with F1.2 lens)
- CFexpress Type B and UHS-II SD slots
- DCI or UHD 4K video at up to 120p, oversampled up to 60p
- Raw video or 10-bit C-Log3 video capture
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth communication
Additional Canon EOS R3 coverage (Reviews, Samples, Hands-on Videos)
Canon EOS R3 hands-on with sample photos at PetaPixel.
Watch the live-streamed announcement below.
New Canon Accessories
The Canon EOS R3 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera is scheduled to be available in November 2021 . The RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM will be available in September for $649. The release date for the 16mm F2.8 STM will be in late September.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!