Nikon recently registers a new APS-C Mirrorless camera with the code name N2016. It was previously claimed that Nikon will release an APS-c mirrorless camera in the first half of 2021. It seems that the time has come. Although there are two rumored models (Z30 and z70), we think this camera would be the Nikon Z30.
From the registration details we can now confirm that this is an APS-C DX Mirrorless camera since, it uses Nikon EN-EL25 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (7.6V, 1120mAh). The same battery being used by the Nikon Z50 Mirrorless camera. And as you can see from the details from the below image, during the test Camera was using Nikon DX Z-mount kit lens 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR.
New Nikon Camera “N2016” Registered, Z30 is Coming?
Nikon registered a new mirrorless camera with the code name “N2016” in Taiwan NCC:
- Equipped with Wi-Fi (802.11a / b / g / n / ac) and Bluetooth.
- Mount is a Z mount.
- Battery is EN-EL25 (the same battery as the Nikon Z50)
- USB cable uses UC-E24 (Camera side Type-C).
- Compatible with Speedlite SB-5000 and Stereo Microphone ME-1.
Rumored Nikon Z30 Specifications
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- 4k 24p, 30p
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- 3.2″ 1.04m-dot LCD screen
- Battery EN-EL25.
- HDMI CABLE HC-E1 / USB is Type-C. / Compatible with stereo microphone ME-1,
- Single SD memory card slot (UHS-I )
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.