Although the Canon EOS R3 development announcement is exciting, no information was given about this high-end mirrorless camera, specifically about the sensor resolution. Now, recent rumors have started to shape the first details about Canon EOS R3 features.
According to recent reports, the Canon EOS R3 will feature 45MP image sensor with pixel-shift and Quad-Pixel Autofocus. The R3 has a dual-grip design and will be able to shoot at up to 30 frames per second with full AF. However not branded as a successor to the EOS-1D series of pro sports DSLRs. So expect the highly anticipated Canon EOS R1 camera as well. See also Canon EOS R3 Camera Size Comparisons with Other Cameras.
The Canon EOS R3 full-frame mirrorless camera is now listed at B&H Photo. This is the Canon’s answer to the Sony A1 and Nikon Z9 with the new EOS R3 full-frame mirrorless camera. So expect the price at around $6K.
Rumored Canon EOS R3 Features
- 45MP image sensor with pixel-shift
- Quad-Pixel Autofocus
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- 60 fps with full Quad-Pixel Auto-focus
- 20 fps mechanical shutter
- 30fps continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking (electronic shutter)
- New white balance system
- 8K / 30p RAW shooting
- Eye-AF control
- Subject eye and head detection
- Dust and water resistant body with integrated grip
- Fast Mobile File Transfer (Wireless)
- RF mount
- Pre-orders: Adorama | B&H
- Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens: $1,399 at B&H, Adorama.
- Canon RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens: $11,999 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
- Canon RF 600mm f/4L IS USM Lens: 12,999 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography. Ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!