Here is what you need to know about Sigma fp L mirrorless camera with L-mount. The Sigma fp L features a brand new 60.2MP image sensor. This new model adds a 61 Megapixel full-frame sensor (almost certainly based on the sensor used in the Sony a7R IV), a hybrid autofocus system, true 24p video capture and support for USB Power Delivery.
The camera looks pretty much the same as the original Sigma fp. The addition of a new letter on a product name often signifies a minor upgrade or feature swap, as opposed to a completely new model. However we do know that the Sigma fp L can capture UHD 4K 30p video internally and can output 12-bit Cinema DNG Raw to an external SSD.
Price and Availability
Sigma fp L will be released in Japan around 16 April; priced at $2,499 (approximately £1,824 / AU$3,282) body only and $2,999 (£2,189 / AU$3,939) with the new EVF-11.
- Sigma fp L body: $2,499 USD
- Sigma fp L with EVF: $2,999 USD
- EVF-11 viewfinder: $699
Sigma fp L Features
- 61MP full-frame back-illuminated CMOS image sensor
- Low-pass filter
- 4K30p, FHD120p
- 10 fps continuous shooting
- The size is the same as fp, and the weight is 375g (main body only)
- The battery is BP-51
- The number of shots that can be taken is 240
- Contrast detection + phase detection auto focus system
- Support USB charging and power supply
- 3.68 million dots external EVF electronic viewfinder
- LCD / EVF selector switch
- A headphone output terminal
- An SSD terminal on the side of the EVF-11
Otherwise, little has changed compared to the original fp. The Sigma fp L is the smallest camera in its class at 113 x 70 x 45mm (4.4 x 2.8 x 1.8″) and weighs just 427g (13.2oz) with battery and memory card installed. It’s also sealed against dust and moisture. Due to its size, the fp L only has an electronic shutter, which results in a 1/15 sec flash sync speed and the possibility of rolling shutter.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.