CP+ released the list of 20 companies that have registered so far to be part of the 2021 CP+ online show. Canon is one of the companies that will attend this important event and it is expected that the company will reveal some plans for its higher-end full frame mirrorless cameras. It is reported that the CP+ 2021 imaging equipment exhibition in Japan will be held online from February 25 to February 28, 2021.
According to the recent reports, Canon is likely to announce the development of several new EOS R series mirrorless cameras including Canon EOS R1, Canon EOS R5S and Canon EOS R7 along with 15 full-frame RF mount mirrorless lenses. As you know there is a big impact on the camera industry when the Sony A1 announced. For imaging professionals, “the one” is the one camera that can do it all. What will be Canon’s answer and will there be a ESO R1 for real so soon. Actually we do expect a EOS R5s which will pixel shift the EOS R5 sensor and provide 90MP stills at the CP+ 2021 but maybe Canon could wait for a while and look for the tension in Sony A1 sales.
Anyway here is a roundup of Canon EOS R1, Canon EOS R5S and Canon EOS R7 cameras as well as Canon RF lenses.
Canon EOS R1 Rumored Specifications:
- Newly designed 21MP full-frame global shutter image sensor
- A full-pixel Quad-Pixel CMOS AF autofocus system more powerful than Canon R5 and Canon R6
- The highest record of Canon high-speed continuous shooting speed
- Aimed at professional sports and wildlife photographers
- Could be displayed at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics (from July 23 to August 8, 2021)
Canon EOS R5S Rumored Specifications:
- Approximately 90MP full-frame CMOS image sensor
- Improved 5-Axis in-body Image Stabilization
- “Pixel-shift like feature” to add resolution (Perhaps like Fujifilm’s feature in the GFX 100?). Total resolution “north of 300mp”.
- The EVF will be larger and higher resolution than the Canon EOS R5
- Video features are “NOT a focus” of the Canon EOS R5s.
- No 8K video recording capability
- Nearly identical body design as the Canon EOS R5.
- Pricing will be “similar” to the Canon EOS R5.
- Dual card slots: SD (compatible with UHS-II), CFexpress type B
- LP-E6NH battery
- Built-in 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Magnesium alloy body
- Dust-proof and splash-proof
- Announcement scheduled for Q1 of 2021
Canon EOS R7 Rumored Specifications:
- Newly designed APS-C format CMOS image sensor (32.5MP?)
- DIGIC X Image Processor
- Full pixel dual core CMOS AF II autofocus system
- It looks similar to the EOS R6 camera
- It will be released in the second half of 2021
The upcoming 15 Canon RF mount full frame mirrorless lenses in 2021:
Canon RF Tilt-Shift Lenses:
- Canon TS-R 14mm f/4L
- Canon TS-R 24mm f/3.5L
Canon RF Zoom Lenses:
- Canon RF 10-24mm f/4L USM
- Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon RF 18-45mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-7.1 IS USM
Canon RF Prime Lenses:
- Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM
- Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L USM
Canon RF Macro Lenses:
- Canon RF 24mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro
- Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Canon RF Super Telephoto Lenses:
- Canon RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM
- Canon RF 500mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon RF 600mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon RF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM
- Canon RF 1200mm f/8L IS USM
The exact announcement date and detailed specifications are still unknown. Stay tuned with us for more Canon Rumors.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Camera Rumors
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.