The Olympus E-M1 III mirrorless camera, which is expected to be announced in February 2020, is said to use a 20MP Micro Four Thirds sensor, just like the E-M1X model.
According to previous reports, Olympus E-M1 Mark III announcement is scheduled for Mid-February. We previously reported that the company already had a camera code registered. As is known, the CP + Camera & Photo Imaging Show 2020 is held in late February every year. This year, CP + will open its doors for camera and lens enthusiasts between 27 February 2020 and 1 March 2020.
The Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II was launched in September 2016 and is likely to be replaced. Then the Olympus OM-D came as the flagship of the E-M1X, and the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III, just below it, signals that the next model for the OM-D series is the E-M1 Mark III. As a result, we expect the Olympus E-M1 Mark III to be officially announced before the CP+ 2020.
Rumored Olympus E-M1 III Specifications
- Same 20-Megapixel Four Thirds sensor as the E-M1X
- 60Mp for Handheld Res. and 100Mp for Tripod
- More phase detection pixels on the sensor
- Truepic IX processing engine
- Improvements on IBIS
- ISO 100 at base and optimized dynamic range
- 4K video at 60p
- Additions on weather-sealing
- Intelligent Subject Detection
- Same body design ergonomics and battery as the E-M1 II
- Coming with the new 12-40mm f/4.0 lens
- Price to be around $2,000
Read more Olympus Rumors.
Also join the Micro Four Thirds Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.