Sigma has announced the new 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art lens for Sony E-mount and Panasonic/Leica/Sigma L-mount cameras. The new lens joins the previously-announced 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN Art as the second of Sigma’s DN zoom optic that is designed for full-frame mirrorless.
Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art lens has a total of 19 elements, including low dispersion, special low dispersion and aspherical glass. Sigma’s ‘Super Multi-Layer’ and ‘Nano Porous’ coatings have been applied to reduce flare and ghosting. Autofocus is driven by a stepping motor and the lens can focus as close as 18cm (7.1″).
Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art lens is weather-sealed, features a brass bayonet mount and uses 82mm filters. The L-mount version weighs in at 845 grams (1.9 pounds). The Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art lens will be available soon. Check out at BHphoto, Adorama. Pricing has yet to be disclosed, but it will naturally be compared against Tamron’s popular 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD, which retails for $850.
Sigma Announces New 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art Zoom Lens for Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras; Available in Sony E-mount and L-mount
Sigma Corporation today made the following announcement:
Launch of the 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art Zoom lens for full frame mirrorless cameras, leveraging the top-level Art zoom performance, featuring:
- Best-in-class optical performance
- Compatibility with the latest full-frame mirrorless camera bodies
- Flexibility for various uses and photographic environments
Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art Lens
This second newly-designed Art zoom lens from Sigma is a large-aperture standard zoom for full-frame mirrorless camera systems and is available in Sony E-mount and L-mount. The Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 offers best-in-class performance due to a sophisticated optical design that delivers high resolution throughout the entire zoom range. This new Art zoom lens from Sigma follows the debut of the lauded 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN Art zoom for mirrorless cameras.
The Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art lens exerts superiority in mirrorless camera-dedicated designs, resulting in a reduced lens size and weight while achieving uniformity and high resolution from the center to the periphery throughout the zoom range. Compatibility with the latest mirrorless camera bodies and functions assists in various photographic environments and meets the high demands of both professional and advanced amateur photographers.
Key features include:
- Best-in-class optical performance. The F2.8 Art flagship zoom lens series is developed to achieve superior optical performance. By employing three aspheric lenses, this zoom lens thoroughly subdues aberrations such as axial chromatic aberration or sagittal coma aberrations, which are difficult to correct in post-processing, tailors the resolution and achieves uniformity and superior optical performance from the center to the periphery throughout the zoom range. In addition to Super Multi-Layer Coating, Sigma’s proprietary Nano Porous Coating is employed to achieve high-contrast and clear image quality. This lens is designed to be less affected by strong incident light such as flare.
- Ensuring compatibility with the latest full-frame mirrorless camera bodies. The Sigma 24–70mm F2.8 DG DN ensures compatibility with various types of the latest full-frame mirrorless camera bodies for Sony E-mount and L-mount, (including the new Sigma fp camera), capable of exerting the best performance under any photographic circumstances.
- Flexibility for various uses and photographic environments. Featuring a dust and splash-proof body and zoom lock mechanism for preventing the lens barrel from extending unexpectedly, the 24-70mm F2.8 meets a wide range of needs for a variety of photographic environments. The maximum magnifications are 1:2.9 at the wide-angle end and 1:4.5 at the telephoto end, which provides a wider range of expression for close-up photography. The minimum focusing distance is 18 cm at the wide-angle end.
- Zoom lock switch
- Lens hood with a lock
- Mount with dust- and splash-proof structure
- Compatible with the Lens Aberration Correction
- Available Mount conversion service
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Evaluation with Sigma’s own MTF measuring system: A1
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount
- “Made in Japan” craftsmanship
The Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art will be available in L-mount and Sony E-mount in mid-November 2019 through authorized US dealers. Pricing will be announced at a later date.
For full product details and technical specifications as well as press imagery, please refer to the official press release here.
More details are available at: http://www.sigma-global.com/en/lenses/cas/concept.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.