Here are a bit more updates on Canon EOS-1D X Mark III specifications. According to recent reports the upcoming flagship DSLR camera will have an amazing battery life and it will be much better than the current 1DX II.
The camera will have an all-new CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel AF and a new Digic processor. That combination will be able to produce not only standard JPEG and Raw files, but also 10-bit HEIF files for a greater tonal range than JPEGs are capable of. The Dual Pixel AF region of the sensor will cover 90% of the frame horizontally and 100% vertically, with 525 AF areas.
Updates oı Canon EOS 1D X Mark III Specifications
- The battery life is nothing short of amazing, much better than the 1DX Mark II.
- The silent shutter mode in liveview is absolutely silent.
- The eye AF works incredibly well (via liveview we are assuming)
- The AF-ON trackpad is so innovative, works fast and it very precise. In the source’s words, “it’s a real revolution. Nobody will be using the old joystick”
- Updated CMOS Sensor and DIGIC Processors
- 16 fps Shooting with Viewfinder
- 20 fps Shooting During Live View
- 4K 10-Bit 4:2:2 Internal Video Recording
- Canon Log and Raw Video Support
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF, 525 Selectable Areas
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS
- 10-Bit HEIF Stills Support
- Dual CFexpress Memory Card Slots
- Mag. Alloy Body, Illuminated Buttons
Some additional details from the original press release:
- Dual CFexpress card slots
- Official announcement in early 2020
- New autofocus sensor, with approximately 28 times the resolution in the center of the EOS-1D X Mark II
- 525 AF areas using the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system will cover approximately 90×100 percent of the image sensor
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".