Here are some more information about the Nikon D6 DSLR camera. The Nikon D6 will introduce advanced new technologies for the ultimate in performance and reliability, even in the most severe conditions.
According to recent reports, the upcoming flagship camera will have a full frame image sensor above 20MP (expect 24MP). The new processor on D6 will provide improved AF system and advanced video features with RAW recording. Nikon D6 body will have dual CFexpress memory cards.
Nikon and Canon tend to launch their flagship cameras before the Olympic Games, which are occurring next summer in Tokyo. According to that both cameras expected to arrive in early 2020. See also the comptetitor Canon EOS-1D X Mark III.
Some Updates on Nikon D6 Specifications
- Sensor above 20MP but for sure under 36MP (my personal guess: 24MP)
- Improved dynamic range
- Improved AF system but probably with the same number of AF points
- Advanced video features with RAW recording (not sure if external or internal)
- Dual CFexpress memory cards
Previous Specs List of Nikon D6
- Potential announcement in early 2020
- Prototypes already in testing
- Adding sensor stabilization delayed the D6 announcement
- The D6 will definitely not be a “hybrid” camera, but rather a DSLR with some mirrorless features (better video, IBIS for example)
- Dual CF Express memory card slots
- .76-78x 100% viewfinder
- New Expeed dual processors
- Better/improved AF than the current D5
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- 3.2 million dot touch screen, with full touch capabilities
- Excellent/improved silent shooting modes
Regardless of what is next, stay tuned to our website to find out the latest digital camera news and Nikon Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!