According to recent reports, Sony has registered a new camera code “WW716189” in China. The new device in Asia has 5.8GHz, 5.1GHz/2.3 GHz Wi-Fi capabilities. This also means that we will see a new Sony camera to be announced within 2-3 months period.
Possible candidates for these registered camera most likely the Sony a9 II or Sony RX10 V. Here is a roundup rumors of upcoming Sony cameras and lenses. This post will be continually updated in June. Read more Sony Mirrorless news and Sony Rumors here.
- Sony a9 Mark II (Rumored to be announced in the second half of 2019)
- Sony a7S III (Rumored to be announced in late 2019 to early 2020. 4K@60p, 10bit 4:2:2, HDR Video, Staked Sensor)
- Sony a6700/a7000 (Will have a7 series design, a high-end APS-C model, see rumored specs)
- Sony Alpha a5 (An entry-level full frame mirrorless camera to compete with Canon EOS RP)
- Sony a77 III
- Sony RX1R III
- Sony RX10 V
List of lenses getting refreshed, so if you are planning to buy one of these lenses, better keep eye on the list.
Sony lenses to be updated
- Sony FE 16-35 f/2.8 GM
- Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM
- Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS
- Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM
- Sony FE 100mm f/2.8 STF GM OSS
- Sony FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS
In this section we have the 200-600mm lens which is rumored to arrive in June 2019. This lens has been in talks for almost teo years. We hope to meet this one soon.
- Sony FE 20mm f/2.8 Pancake Lens
- Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Mark II Lens
- Sony E 12-24mm f/4 Lens
- Sony FE 35mm f/1.8 Lens
- FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G
- FE 600mm f/4 GM OSS Lens
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".