A new interview from CP+ 2019 for the Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera now available online. In the same market of fixed-lens cameras, Zeiss ZX1 is similar to the Sony RX1, looks like it would be cheaper than upcoming Leica Q2 camera.
Below you can find some highlights of Zeiss ZX1 full frame compact camera:
- Zeiss ZX1 projector started four years ago.
- Zeiss ZX1 is a different kind of product. We’re aiming at photographers that need a fast workflow but at the same time superb image quality, which our sensor and lens can deliver.
- The design and development of Zeiss ZX1 are completely in-house.
- We’re very conscious of battery consumption [and] a lot of photographers are very sensitive about battery usage.
- Zeiss ZX1 will be in the same price range as [the Leica Q, Sony RX1R II].
- The ZX1 has a mechanical (up to 1/1000) and electronic shutter
- The ZX1 doesn’t have an exposure compensation dial.
- But with the ZX1 if you plug in a USB C drive or a memory stick the camera recognizes the storage and you can select the images you want to transfer straight from the camera. The USB C connector is the only interface, so to connect to a TV, or plug in a microphone for example you’d need adapters.
- For security reasons, users can’t download their own apps or extensions to ZX1. ZX1 will only support selected applications that like Adobe.
Read more at dpreview.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".