Rumors : Zenitar 50mm f/0.95 Full Frame E-mount Lens Coming on March 15
According to recent rumors, the Zenitar 50mm f/0.95 lens for Sony full frame E-mount cameras to be announced on March 15. The new lens will be produced in the Krasnogorsky plant by Shvabe Holding.
Even the Zenitar 50mm f/0.95 lens will be designed for Sony E-mount system, other mounts could follow. So there is a possibility that we might see this fast prime optic on Canon EOS R and Nikon Z models.
The lens will be a manual focus full-frame glass and will be announced on March 15th, 2019. Here is what we know so far about the Zenitar 50mm f/0.95 Full Frame E-mount Lens:
Zenitar 50mm f/0.95 Full Frame E-mount Lens
- Mount: Sony E (other mounts could follow)
- first E-mount lens designed by KMZ
- 9 elements in 8 groups
- The angle of view in full frame is 46°
- Minimum focusing distance: 70cm
- Filter diameter: 72mm
- Multi-layer coating
- Weight: 900 g
- 14 aperture diaphragms
- focus ring
- Double row of L-shaped aperture blades
- The lens has been in development since 2015
- The price is rumored to be around $500
- Tentative availability date: end of 2016
Stay tuned with us and read more Sony Mirrorless news and Sony Rumors.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography.