Canon has filed a new patent in Japan. The application is for RF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM lens designed for Canon full frame mirrorless camera system. This lens will likely be a new kit alternative for the next EOS R full frame mirrorless cameras.
EOS R is the first camera to feature the RF lens mount with a 12-pin connection, flange back distance of 20mm and a wide 54mm mount diameter enabling even greater flexibility in lens design. The first four Canon RF lenses are the RF 24-105mm f/4L USM, RF 28-70mm f/2L USM, RF 35mm f/1.8 M IS, RF 50mm f/1.2L USM. All four lenses have customizable control rings.
In this patent, Canon shows an optical formula for a RF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM. Check it out!
Canon RF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM Lens Patent
- Focal Length: 24.71 – 39.93 – 67.99
- F-number: 4.12 – 4.12 – 4.12
- Half Angle of Field: 41.20 – 28.45 – 17.65
- Image Height: 21.64 – 21.64 – 21.64
- Overall Lens Length: 99.36 – 108.69- 132.25
- BF: 13.50 – 24.36 – 42.60
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!