Here are the predicted Canon product announcement roadmap for the first half of 2019. As we are approaching the end of 2018 there will be no more Canon cameras or lenses to be announced.
We’re going to see more buzz from Canon from the beginning of 2019 such as premium compact cameras, lenses and new EOS R body. Until that time the excitement will be on rebates and deals for Black Friday and the Christmas shopping season.
For holiday promotions, instant savings programs and special discounts for a variety of Canon products. Check Best Photography Black Friday Deals 2018 for details and updates.
Canon Product Announcement Roadmap in the First Half of 2019
CES 2019 in January:
CP+ Show 2019 in late February to early March in Japan:
- Canon EOS 90D: to replace current Canon EOS 80D, featured with 4K Video
- Canon EOS M5 Mark II or Canon EOS M6 Mark II
NAB Show 2019 in April:
- New Canon XC Style Camera with Interchangeable Lenses
Photokina 2019 in May:
- New Canon EOS R Body: Rumors said it will be a high-end EOS R Pro full frame mirrorless, to feature a 26.2MP full frame sensor just like the 6D Mark II.
- Three new f/2.8 zoom lenses: RF 16-35mm f/2.8L, RF 24-70mm f/2.8L ISand RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
There is still no word about the rumored Canon EOS 7D Mark III DSLR yet, maybe it will be announced in the second half of 2019.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".