Sigma officially announces the Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports lens. The world’s first 10× optical zoom telephoto lens with a tele end of 600mm from Sigma comes in Sigma, Canon and Nikon mounts.
Covering from 60mm to 600mm, the 10× hyper-telephoto zoom lens achieves the same level of high image quality as the SIGMA 150–600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports. With the lens construction of 25 elements in 19 groups, consistent image quality can be created throughout the entire zoom range.
The Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports lens release date is in late October 2018 and the price is $1999 USD. Check out all the Photokina 2018 news.
Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports
The Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports is the world’s first 10x optical zoom telephoto lens with a tele end of 600mm. Incorporating 25 elements in 19 groups, excellent and consistent image quality can be achieved throughout the entire zoom range. This lens’ intelligent OS featuring the latest algorithm delivers an image stabilization effect of 4 stops. Its optical design ensures maximum correction of magnification chromatic aberration encountered in hyper-telephoto shooting. This offers both high resolution and consistent edge-to-edge performance throughout the entire zoom range. In addition, when shooting at the focal length of 200mm, the Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports can also be used for telephoto macro photography, with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.3, thanks to its high rendering performance. Its multi-material build, which incorporates magnesium among other components, ensures durability and enhances portability, allowing for comfortable handling of the 10x zoom lens. The zooming mechanism has been engineered to make both smooth rotation and straight zoom possible. .
1.High optical quality meeting the most stringent needs of professional photographers
This lens incorporates threeFLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements and oneSLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element to provide excellent correction of magnification chromatic aberration encountered in hyper-telephoto shooting. This offers both high resolution and consistent edge to edge performance through the entire zoom range. In addition, when shooting at the focal length of 200mm, the SIGMA 60–600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports can also be used for telephoto macro photography, with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.3, thanks to its high rendering performance.
2.Incorporating multi-material to achieve both portabilityand durability
To achieve comfortable handling required for a 10x zoom lens while maintaininghigh optical quality, the SIGMA 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports incorporates multi-material, such as magnesium, CFRP*3, and TSC*4. The use of these superior materials in the right place reduces the weight of the overall lens to enhance portabilityandensure durability.*3 Carbon fiber reinforced plastic, a light but strong material used in the interior and exterior fittings of aircraft, amongmany other applications.*4 Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) offers thermal expansion characteristics similar to those of aluminum. Since parts made with TSC expand and contract less due to changes in temperature, they tend to perform better under extreme conditions and help maintain the performance of the lens. TSC also offers outstanding elasticity. Compared to polycarbonate containing 20% glass, TSC offers approximately 70% higher elasticity. Compared to polycarbonate containing 30% glass, it offers 25% higher elasticity.
3.Design that ensures photographers capture every desired moment
The zooming mechanism has been engineered to make both smooth rotation and straight zoom possible. In addition, as a lens from the Sports line, the dust-and splash-proof structure ensures safe use even in the most challenging shooting conditions. Together with the water-and oil-repellent coating on the front lens, this lens surely meets the exact requirements of professional photographers. 4. SIGMA 600mm hyper-telephoto zoom lens lineup accommodates diverse shooting stylesThe arrival of the 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports expands the lineup of SIGMA’s 600mm zooms to three lenses. The SIGMA 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports is “versatile”, focusing on high image quality and mobility, demonstrating superior coverage from a standard focal length to a hyper-telephoto range without switching to another lens. The 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports is composed of many metal parts aiming at a “robust” structure. The lineup of these two Sports line lenses that can meet the most stringent needs of professionals, together with the Contemporary line’s “lightweight” 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary, which reduces weight and makes the shooting experience even more comfortable and convenient, SIGMA undoubtedly satisfies the diverse shooting styles of photographers.
- Tele Converters that are designed to match the current lens lineup (optional) can be attached.The addition of SIGMA’s TELE CONVERTER TC-1401 or TELE CONVERTER TC-2001 produces an AF*84-840mm F6.3-9 hyper-telephoto zoom lens or a MF 120-1200mm F9-13 hyper-telephoto zoom lens respectively.*When it is attached to cameras that are compatible with AF at F8, focus accuracy is not ensured on the telephoto side at the focal length scale more than 300mm.
- Tripod socket with high usability ・With 90° click stops・Replaceable lens foot・Compatible with Arca Swiss type clamps (with stopper screw)
- CFRP hood
- Equipped with a focus limiter
- Manual Override (MO) capable of switching two full-time manual modes*By setting it to the MO position, it switches to manual focus by rotating the focus ring even during continuous AF. Using the optional SIGMA USB DOCK, it is possible to adjust the MO position’s sensitivity to switch to manual focus.
- Zoom lockswitch can be set to all marked focal lengths.
- Compatible with Canon Lens Aberration Correction*Function not available on all Canon cameras. Further, available corrections may vary by Canon camera model.
- Nikon electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism included
- Compatible with SIGMA MOUNT CONVERTER MC-11
- Compatible with SIGMA USB DOCK* Not available for Sony E-mount lens
- Available Mount Conversion Service
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Evaluation with SIGMA’s own MTF measuring system: A1
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount
- “Made in Japan” craftsmanship
- Lens Construction: 25 elements in 19 groups
- Angle of view (35mm): 39.6°-4.1°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: F22-32
- Minimum focusing distance: 60-260cm/ 23.6-102.4in.
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:3.3 (200mm)
- Filter size: ø105mm
- Dimensions (diameter x length): ø120.4mm x 268.9mm/ ø4.7in.x 10.6inc
- Weight: 2,700g/ 95.2oz.