Full Canon EOS R specificaions now available ahead of the official announcement. From the Canon full frame mirrorless camera EOS R specs, the shooter will feature a 30.3MP sensor and dual pixel RAW support.
The EOS R will be available in October for $2299 body only or $3399 with the 24-105mm F4L lens. See also : Canon EOS R vs Nikon Z6 vs Sony A7 III – Comparison and Official Canon EOS R Hands-on Videos.
From the feature list below the craziest sheet we’ve seen is the 5,655 autofocus points which sounds really crazy! More PROs are the top LCD, EV-6 autofocus range and sure the fully articulated screen.
Canon EOS R will be announced on September 5th along with RF 24-105mm f/4L USM, RF 24-70mm f/2, RF 28-70mm f/2L USM, RF 35mm f/1.8 M IS, RF 50mm f/1.2L USM lenses. This major Canon EOS R announcement will also include EF and EF-M lenses. They are the EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM, EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III, EF 600mm f/4L IS III.
Full Canon EOS R Specifications Leaked
- Number of effective pixels: 30.3 million pixels (Total number of pixels: 31.7 million pixels)
- Image type: JPEG, RAW (14 bit), C-RAW
- Dual pixel RAW support
- EVF: organic EL, 0.71 times
- AF point (when cross key is selected): 5,655 points
- Auto Focus range: EV – 6 to 18 (23 ° C at room temperature · ISO 100 with F1.2 lens)
- ISO sensitivity: 100 to 40000 (extended ISO: 50, 51200, 102400)
- Shutter speed: 1/8000 to 30 seconds, bulb
- Continuous shooting performance: Up to 8 frames per second (at servo AF: up to 5 frames / sec)
- Video: 4K30p, full HD 60p, HD 120p
- Rear liquid crystal: 3.15 type 2.1 million dots touch panel
- Battery: LP – E 6 N / LP – E 6 (LP – E 6 can not charge the camera USB)
- Recording medium: SD / SDHC / SDXC card
- Size: 135.8 x 98.3 x 84.4 mm
- Weight: 660 g (including battery / memory card) · 580 g (body only)
- UHS type SD cards are used
- The number of pixels of the viewfinder is unknown / not mentioned. The .71x magnification is the same as the 5D Mark IV
- The EVF eyepoint is a relaxed 23mm
- No AF point spot metering
- 4k up to a 480Mbps bitrate (no mention of bit depth)
- it appears as if the camera will auto-crop with EF-S lenses to some extent
- Five thousand six hundred and fifty five AF points.
- No mention of eye AF, only face tracking is mentioned.
- USB 3.1
- 370 shots CIPA rating 450 with power saving
- 3 custom shooting modes
- Seems to support electronic shutter (silent shutter)
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.