Sony has released firmware update version 3.1 for the Sony Alpha A9 mirrorless sports camera.
There were several reports that in some cases, the camera may not operate properly after updating the software to Ver. 3.00. This upgrade fixes this issue and Ver. 3.01 firmware also includes the updates introduced in Ver. 3.00.
Unfortunately this upgrade doesn’t feature the so-called S-log support yet. We also know the community waits for picture profiles and continuous video file naming. Check out the details and download links of this A9 firmware v3.01 below. Best Lenses for Sony A9
Sony A9 firmware update V3.01 Details
Benefits and Improvements from the latest update
- Corrects a symptom where, in some cases, the camera may not operate properly after updating the software to Ver. 3.00
– For cameras which were updated to Ver. 3.00 and then to Ver. 3.01, the registered customised settings for the Fn (function) menu may be lost.
In such a case, please customise the menu again to your preference by going to:
[MENU]-[Camera Settings2]-[Function Menu Set]
- The Ver. 3.01 software also includes the following updates from Ver. 3.00
Check out the Sony a9 accessories:
- Sony VG-C3EM Vertical Grip for a9: $348 at Amazon.
- Sony PCK-LG1 Screen Protect Glass Sheet: $29.99 at Amazon.
- Sony NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (2280mAh): $78 at Amazon.
- Sony GP-X1EM Grip Extension: $128 at Amazon.
- Sony NPAMQZ1K Multi Battery Adaptor Kit: $398 at Amazon.
- Sony BC-QZ1 Battery Charger: $88 at Amazon.
Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".