Canon today released a new firmware for its EOS 5D Mark IV full-frame DSLR camera.
The new firmware update version 1.1.2 fixes several issues and adds support for new lenses and features.
Canon 5D Mark IV features a 30.4 megapixel CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel AF. The sensor allows for fast phase-detection autofocus in video and continuous focus for stills shooting in live view. See Canon EOS 5D Mark IV additional coverage with sensor test results.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV New Firmware Ver.1.1.2 Now Available for Download
Firmware Version 1.1.2 incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
- Support has been added for chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens Optimizer when using Digital Photo Professional to process RAW images captured with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 17mm f/4L, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which standard exposure may not be obtained, or an irregular exposure may result, when Silent LV (Live View) shooting with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
- Support for Exif 2.31 has been added.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not function normally when using the Camera Connect application to shoot a high frame rate movie.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which error 80 may occur when HDR movies are shot using the Remote Live View Shooting function. (Applies only to Canon Log-supported cameras.)
Check out the Best Memory Cards for Canon 5D Mark IV
|Canon EOS-5D Mark IV [body-only]||$3,499.95||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
Read more : Canon Rumors
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".