Pentax K-1 Mark II camera officially announced with a newly incorporated accelerator unit with the PRIME IV imaging engine to achieve high-speed operation and excellent noise-reduction. As a result the ISO range has also been extended up to ISO 819200.
The upgraded Pixel Shift Resolution System II features a newly developed Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution mode for handheld shooting.
The specs of the camera has unchanged from the K-1 . It still provides weather-resistant construction and a flexible, articulated 3.2″ 1.04 million dot LCD complemented by a nearly 100% optical viewfinder (0.7x magnification). AF system offers 33 points (25 cross-type), with an updated tracking algorithm that claims to improve accuracy while photographing moving subjects in AF-C mode. The K-1 Mark II full frame DSLR still has 4.4 fps burst shooting capable of 17 Raw images or 70 JPEGs and 5-axis IBIS offers up to 5 stops of correction.
The Pentax K-1 Mark II will start shipping in April. The price will be $1999.95 body-only and $2,399.95 with the HD Pentax-D FA 28-105mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR zoom lens.
For a limited time this summer, current Pentax K-1 owners will be able to send their cameras in for service, essentially upgrading them to a Mark II. The service will include a main circuit board swap, and the ‘SR’ logo on the front of the camera will be replaced with a Mark II logo. The upgraded circuit board will add all of the features introduced in the Mark II, such as shooting at up to ISO 819,200 and an updated Pixel Shift mode.
The K-1 upgrade service will cost $550 US / $690 CAD and will be offered from May 21, 2018 to September 30, 2018. Check out the www.us.ricoh-imaging.com for more information.
Pentax K-1 Mark II specifications
- 36.4MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- PRIME IV Image Processor
- 3.2″ Cross-Tilt LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p30 Video Recording
- SAFOX 12 33-Point AF Sensor
- Native ISO 819200; 4.4 fps Shooting
- Pixel Shift Resolution II
- 5-Axis In-Body Shake Reduction
- Built-In Wi-Fi & GPS; Dual SD Card Slots
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium-Alloy Body
Main improvements over the previous K-1 version:
- Improved AF tracking algorithms
- ISO extended to 819,200
- Better color reproduction (especially blues and greens)
- Pixel Shift Resolution System II – you can use high-res mode without a tripod